1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accidental coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Polaroid1996, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Polaroid1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I was in my class with 3 other people and we where talking about how this girl just "became gay" so I said people don't just become gay they realize that they are. the other guy in the room was like no they don't it's like a thing... where... He paused in a moment of thought and said, how would you know? And with out even thinking about it I just said "because I'm gay" It then hit me what I had just done, I had come out to the first person ever, I had no idea what to say or do next. we all sat in silence for a few seconds and then came the a REALLY!? are you sure.

It was the most awkward and scary yet liberating thing I have ever done!
    what I need advice on now is what to do? you see the one guy in the room kinda stopped talking to me and when ever I would ask him a question about something the answer would be short and to the point, I suppose he just needs time to take in the information. :dry:

2. LD579

:thumbsup::eusa_clap Congratulations! I think your profile info is outdated... :icon_wink

That guy may come around to the idea, or he may not. Either way, you should be proud of yourself. It's not an easy first step.

As for what to do... Just act as how you normally do. It is a big deal coming out, but it doesn't have to alter your behaviour. In terms of how you act towards that guy, maybe just give him some space, but I wouldn't ignore him completely. If you see him, I'd suggest saying 'hi', or whatever you'd normally do.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. Wolfie Charm

Congrats! Definitely act like you always have. Hopefully if he sees you relaxed and acting the same he will as well. Also, that was really nice standing up for the girl.

5. Devious Kitty

Congrats! You should have asked them if she took a magic pill, or whether she just woke up one morning and was suddenly gay. :grin: Or maybe you could have asked him when he "became straight."

6. Dalmatian

Congrats :slight_smile: Maybe it wasn't planned, but it was beautiful. And to in the same time come out and provide protection to someone else, all so matter-of-factly and calmly, is truly impressive :slight_smile: Well done.

As for the advice, well, some people will be idiots, others will accept it instantly and some will take a bit of time. You've done your part, so now you can sit back and wait. Enjoy the freedom :wink:

7. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congrats! Just act the same way you always have :slight_smile:

8. tabbicat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Asking when he became straight could have been one of the best responses ever!! lol but anyway congrats on coming out to someone!!

9. Einturing123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is one of the possible scenarios I'd like to come out in...haha

10. PeteNJ

Great for you!! You were totally authentic, owned it, and you did it -- congratulations!!

11. Wardrobe93

well done mate! good luck!