1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Absol, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Earlier today I came out to one of my best friends over Facebook and it went amazingly! I would tell you, but let me just you show our conversation(sorry it's a bit wordy, we like to talk xD):

(Comments are in italic)

Me: Hey I know I said I wanted to tell you in person, but I'm getting very nervous and anxious about it and I'm afraid I might chicken out so I'm just going to tell you now. Well first you have to promised me you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. I know you won't man, but I guess I need to hear it. lol Just message me back as soon as you can. At this point I was felling like I was going to explode out of anxiety.

R:Hey S,
    As your friend, you can trust me with anything. Is anything wrong? I'm anxious just hearing about it. Are you leaving? Have you been promoted? Have you joined the dark side? Are you WICKED???? HOLLA AT YOUR BOY. Lol he really knows what to say to make me feel better. Also he's a really big Wizard of Oz fan hence the WICKED.

Me:Lol and thanks man for putting my worries at ease. You've know what's being going this week, with Proposition 8 and DOMA being discussed with Supreme court right? Well with just seeing the support from the people I know and even with people I don't know, it gave me the courage to tell someone this and I knew you were right person to tell since you're one of the only people I trust. So if you haven't already guessed it from that, I'm gay and for the first time in my life I'm proud to be. Thanks for being so accepting(I know you will be) and for being such great friend to me. I mean it thanks a lot. :slight_smile: Still, after writing that, it took me like 15 minutes to send it when I just finally told myself to just do it. What I read next just made me so happy.

R:S, I am so utterly proud of you right now, and I am giving you a virtual hug at this very moment. Please know that I will ALWAYS support you and all of my gay, lesbian, and bisexual friends, because I have learned so much from them. I had no idea that you were gay, but it does NOT matter, you are still a wonderful and brave individual who deserves respect and love and no ignorant bitches are going to take that away. Thank you for telling me, S. Please know that you can trust me with absolutely anything. See you soon. It brought tears to my eyes, and rereading it now again it's making me want to cry and I really don't cry. It was him saying he was proud of me that got me the most, I haven't heard someone tell me that in a long time.

Me:Thanks man *hugs*. I still wished I could of told you in person, but dude I'm just shaking from pure joy and excitement right now. Thanks a lot and I will see you Saturday.

We talked for a little after that until I had to get ready for work. Man his response floored me and throughout the day I just kept on smiling. I mean a year ago, even though I had accepted who I was, I thought I would never come out and accepted the fact that I would be alone. But now it literally feels like I could accomplish anything. I also want to thank Luthan for giving me advice, you rock dude and to everyone here at ec, this is such an amazing place!

2. Sully

So jealous! I tried to organise a catch up with a friend I really want to tell but he was busy ALL week so I've been thinking facebook might be an option :/

So glad it went well for you! How are you feeling now? Awkward at all?

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

(BTW, Absol, really? Please don't tell me you actually like Absol's? XD)

3. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you! There's nothing with telling him over facebook, so if don't want to wait any longer, then you can just do that.

I feel good, but I also feel like this is a dream and I might wake up. I think that will once I talk to him in person.

What's wrong with Absol? ;_; He's awesome!

4. Sully

Urgh, I know this whole coming out the is going to leave me with that feeling :eek::eek::eek: hate that feeling! I know the exact dreamy, surreal, almost hollow feeling! Like the worlds spinning in circles and you feel like your in slow motion! Well I get that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 07:56 PM ----------

How do you get the courage to do this!?!?!?!?!?! I want to do it right NOW! But I just can't bring myself to do it?

5. LD579

Oh my. A shout out. I feel honoured, good sir. But your thanks is misplaced. Helping others makes the world go 'round, for me (money does, too, but that's a different story[I'm only half joking]). My words were just a construct; think of me as a mirror. You saw yourself in them.

I did nothing, in the end, except reassure you that you had the strength and courage. You did, you always did, and you always will and do have that power. Cheers to you =)

6. Mrcake

Way to go luthan! (!) Big hug to you for coming out to your best friend (&&&). I hope that you can come out to other people from now and on. Congratulations

7. Hexagon

Grats :slight_smile: That response was pretty amazing.

8. Mysz

That's wonderful! :grin: You were so brave to do that, and it was absolutely brilliant of your friend to respond as he did. Just brilliant. Reading these happy stories makes me all emotional :lol: The important thing is, you have someone who will always stand by you no matter what else might happen.
    :newcolor: Congratulations!! :newcolor:

9. The Dude

What a great story and an even better friend...I'm happy you were able to come out! Congratulations man

10. Sayu

Aww, he's really an amazing friend! :slight_smile: Congratulations! :slight_smile: You're brave, because it's always hard to come out even if we know that the person is going to be accepting :slight_smile:

11. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great news! Congrats man!

12. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Luthan: Well thanks for at least being my mirror, I still think I wouldn't have come out if you didn't respond to my advice. So at least let me thank you for that.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it! I'm still kind of surprised that I did it, lol.

13. Ticklish Fish

but you DID joined the dark side... we have cock

congratulations on coming out!

14. Einturing123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (!)well done! Atleast it wasnt as nervewrecking as doing it on twitter...accidentally like i did yesterday (I had to delete the tweets immediately after lol) :eek: