1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've come out to 3 friends, and 2 family members

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LadyInMS, Mar 30, 2013.

1. LadyInMS

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's an undescribable feeling.

I came out to my friends first. I came out to one, then a few days later to another. I came out to the first friend's roommate about a month after I came out to her. That was just because of timing and location - it was difficult to find a place to talk about stuff like that, since we work together, and don't have the same days off.

Just two days ago, I came out to two of my nieces. Those two girls mean more to me than anything in this world. Those two nieces are just 5 and 7 years younger than me. We grew up more like sisters than we did with aunt/niece relationships. We have a bond like no other. I didn't think they would judge me, but it was still a big "IF" in my mind... what if they didn't accept me? I would be crushed.

Well, they took it just fine - I knew I was overreacting! LOL

They both told me they loved me with all their hearts and souls (our saying since we were growing up), and that nothing will ever change.

I still have brothers and a mom to come out to, but I feel like I've already conquered the world with their support. It meant more to me than anything ever has.

I'm still not ready to come out to my mom and brothers yet. I am pretty sure she's going to tell me she loves me no matter what. One of my brothers, I'm completely questionable on. I absolutley have no earthly idea how he's going to react. One of them will be FINE and will love me regardless - he's my ROCK! My next to last brother will definitely disown me. We have had a rocky relationship since the beginning of time - this will just put icing on the cake for him to never talk to me again apart from family functions.

My dad passed when I was 13, and I have a brother on his side that is also gay. My brother came out to my dad when he came down to see him just a couple years before he died. This brother also doesn't know about me yet. Our father disowned him and said he no longer had a son. As much as I miss my dad, I feel like maybe it's now best that I don't have to go through that anguish myself - I know if he didn't accept his son, he certainly wouldn't accept his daughter.

This has certainly been a roller coaster of emotions here lately, tho. I feel a "high" that I've never felt before. I'm driven. I'm focused. I don't have 1,000 thoughts running thru my head 24 hours a day - I can focus at work - I can DO MY WORK! LOL It's GREAT!!

Ok - I think I'm just rambling right now. I just wanted to share my coming out story and how it's progressing.

Did anyone else go thru things similar to mine?

(&&&)