1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my siblings..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xashesxx, Mar 31, 2013.

1. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

So I've been trying to get a chance to talk to my sister lately and come out to her. I knew she would be accepting. I had the chance once over the past week. The rest of the week was so crazy, I couldn't get a chance to talk to just her. Finally the whole family got together at my grandma's house last night for the kids to dye eggs. As I was setting up tables with my younger brother, I told him. He was totally fine with it, and I think it actually brought us a little closer as he told me some of the things he was going through. A little while later, my sister and brother-in-law went outside to smoke, and I popped out after them, and decided to tell them while I had the chance. They had a similar reaction to most people I tell. They just said okay and smiled. Nothing has changed. My sister said she never knew, but to be honest, she doesn't pay much attention to stuff going on around her, I can't really blame her with 3 little girls to chase after. I am just so happy to finally be able to tell them. So almost all of the important people know. I just need to tell the one set of grandparents I see a lot. My other grandparents will have to wait. I don't know what to do about them. They are super religious, and I don't think they will be too happy about it. But I'm not worrying about that. I'm just so happy for my immediate family to know. The more I come out, the more comfortable I am getting with myself. I'm almost there.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations (*hug*)

3. Lewis

Congrats :slight_smile:

4. PeteNJ

Truly great to hear how your sibs responded! So happy for you -- congratulations!!!

5. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

Thank you guys! I've been so incredibly lucky, everyone I've told has supported me so far. I couldn't have gotten this far without the help of some amazing people on here! Thank you all!

6. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats!

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Aww honey...I'm so happy for you!! I'm so proud of how far you've come and I hope you know that you are such an inspiration to me...

#7 FallenAngel, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
  8. Femmeme

Congratulations!