1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easier Than Expected

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by IntoTheUnknown, Apr 3, 2013.

1. IntoTheUnknown

Little back story before I begin, my brother and I never came out to each other, it was something we already knew. We both were just attracted to the same sex(so to speak) and it wasn't a big deal for us.

Now, this April Fool's, I decided to tell my brother I was trans. I figured that, if his reaction was worse than I expected, that I could just say April Fool's and leave it be. First let me start by saying that the title is a lie in the sense that it took me over fifteen minutes to get it out. I had to talk to him via text/facebook since I tried and failed multiple times in person. After I finally got it out and he read it, the first thing he texted back was, 'I seen it coming." I told him that he wasn't the first person to tell me this, but that I was so happy to hear him say it since my other family member didn't take it so well. The second thing he said mad me crying, in the middle of my kitchen, while coloring eggs with my family. I never felt the way I feel now in who I am and in the decisions I've made in life.

Confident.

"Np Bro."

2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

That's great! Congrats!! :slight_smile:

3. IntoTheUnknown

Thanks. It's such a relief to be able to be myself around him, whose been my best friend since college started. I was more scared that he'd just say it's a phase or something, but then again, he grew up with me, haha.