1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dad's reaction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sam, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

my dad's reaction was this: So, what you didn't think I suspected it? I've supected you were for a long time now why were you so worried over a little thing like this I love you unconditionally so do you feel better now? Ok Dad completely the opposite of what I thought you would do but ok. So why do you talk badly about gay people and then at like its completely fine that your daughter is huh wow I am totally shocked its a good shocked but I'm shocked but hey this means that I am not only out to my mom but also my dad so I am officially out to both my parents yah! and pretty much all my friends so all i would have to tell is like aunts uncles and cousins but I guess the word can just travel with these people so yeah I've told all the people I wanted to tell and I am done for a while and the weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Its crazy all I have to say to people is don't keep worrying about tell someone just take the plunge and tell them even if you think the person will be the least understanding or accepting you might just be surprised to find the opposite is true (but if you think you might get physically hurt don't follow this advice)

Sam

2. tired_of_lying411

Hey Sam,

congrats! I'm jealous of you :icon_smil: I think it's great that you've come out to both your parents!

Can't wait 'til i can say the same

3. step49x

Congrats!

It's surprising what parents already know. Mine also told me that they had had suspicions, beforehand.

4. tired_of_lying411

my mom pretended she didn't for a while, but I know she knew. I was into Barbies, not Hotwheeles.:lol:

5. TriBi

Sam - sounds good!

Glad it all went well. :grin:

6. GuitarGirl1350

My mom told me she knew because at first I was into trucks and cars, a tomboyish child (I'm not butch, but kind of tomboyish), and then around eigth grade I started to drop more hints. Last year, (freshman year) I dropped many many many hints and she eventually told me she knew for a while. Heh. parents are funny.

7. tired_of_lying411

Yeah, I think that I'm sub-consciously dropping more and more hints to my dad. Like when he says, "shes a hottie," I almost on purposely try and change the subject in a weird way..... god Im messed up with him. His head must be spinning with all the crap signals I'm sending, whether I want to or not...

8. LorenzG1950

Congratulations Sam:eusa_clap ,

Your success might encourage others to do the same (like Brenton:icon_wink ). Goes to show that our worry is mostly unfounded because we usually expect the worst possible reaction.

It's nice to know that there are many accepting and loving parents out there:slight_smile: .