1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess I'm more obvious than I thought

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Absol, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I just came out to another one of friends. After about twenty minutes of me just not being able to say it, he just told me to say it, and then I just did. His response: "Old news dude, I knew that a long time ago." I was speechless and relieved. I asked him how he knew and he said something along lines of "Well you've never had a girlfriend and you've never talked about girls during your 24 years of life on this earth. I also notice these other little things, so it wasn't hard to figure out."

I than asked him if he's alright with it and he said: "It's your life, you make the decisions, don't let anyone bring you down and you will be just fine. In other words, yes, if i can handle my sister being a lesbian then i can handle this without a problem."(I had no ideal his sister was a lesbian, I've only met her a handful of times) I was just touched by what he said.

I feel kind of stupid, in good way, that I didn't think people would be so accepting and supportive, especially my friend that I've known since middle school. Also, let me tell you how happy I was that he said he knew, because that was my biggest fear when I decided to start coming out, that people just wouldn't believe me. It makes me think that other people know and they're just waiting for me to tell them.

Though I will need to stop making such a big deal out this lol, I don't think my insides can't take it lol.

2. The Dude

Wow great reaction. Congratulations! After being confronted about my sexuality, yet being as masculine as I am, and reading all of the stories on EC, I think we're all worse actors than we think we are...and that's okay.

I had a friend who had the same reaction with the whole "don't let anyone bring you down attitude" thing. It was great! I'm sure you're very happy to have him as a buddy.

Congrats on both coming out and having a really good friend who has your back.

3. PeteNJ

Fantastic-- congratulations! You've good a great friend there -- and I'm sure this will bring you two even closer.:thumbsup:

4. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks guys and yes he's a great friend! Yeah I thought since this is the guy who I talk about sports, girls(well he did all the talking, I just listen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and other "manly" stuff I thought that was enough to make him think I was straight. But, at the same time, me not having a GF throughout high school(and it wasn't like I couldn't get one) was a pretty big red flag lol.