1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I didn't mean it to happen that way.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tuame, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Tuame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last scholastic year I had a crush on this guy Godwin at school. When he said he was gay I made friends with him. Last summer I finally plucked up the courage to ask him out during a chat on MSN. And the my mum came upstairs (near the pc) and I closed the conversation quickly ( I wasn't ready to tell her ad she didn't know) But MSN makes that bleep noise when you close a conversation and she asked me what I had closed.Ad I had to show her the conversation. She got angry - "Why did you tell this guy you were gay and you didn't tell me?!" - she did ,in fact, have a point.Since summer there's been a negative energy between us... I do't really know what to do.

Tua

Ps: To make things worse, this Godwin guy already had a boyfreind.:bang:

2. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I guess my suggestion would be to sit down with her, explain everything, and explain to her why you didn't want to come out to her at that point. I don't think you need to be apologetic about it, but just rational; laying out your feelings and the reasons that made you not want to come out at that point.

I know it sounds somewhat cliche, but it might work. And the bit about Godwin already having a boyfriend really kind of sucks. I guess all you can do now is just be friends with him.

3. tired_of_lying411

Call me insensitive, but why did you show her your conversation?

I would have popped up another window or said it was nothing...

4. Sam

Sam

she probably was hurt that you didn't come to her first and tell her. Parents seem to want you to talk to them about everything so when she found out that you didn't tell her that you were gay before anybody else it hurt her because she was kind of jealous that you didn't tell her an important part of who you are first. What I would suggest is that you explain to her that while you wanted to tell her you were scared to tell her so you just waited and that your sorry that she had to find out this way and that your sorry if it hurt her or something to that effect it will melt away the anger so you can find out how she really feels about you being gay
    best of luck
    Sam

5. Tuame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I honestly doubt that she minds the fact that I'm gay. But she hates it when I hide things that she feels she should know. Its happened before(she caught me smoking). I don't know what to say to her really.