1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys I extremely want to come out, but not in a dramatic way. Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Einturing123, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Einturing123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Luckily, at school, no one really knew about me being gay. Even the people who I had told, had not even mentioned it. It was almost like they'd forgotten. I was kinda scared, but now I really do want to come out. I'm sick and sick of keeping it all bottled in, sick and tired of pretending to fancy the hot girl that all the boys want. I want to come out, but in a small way. So that it isn't some big fancy speech in an assembly, or sending flyers out to everyone I know :slight_smile:grin:slight_smile:. Any ideas guys?

2. Italy or Bust

Well, just "be out." No announcement, just matter-of-fact state your truth as opportunity arises. Friends ogle the hot chick? Don't pretend, just say something like, "yeah, if you are into girls, I guess." Things like that. If you aren't looking for big announcement, just drop a few of those and word will get around.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If you're on Facebook, you could change your "interested in" on there. Aside from that, Italy or Bust hit the nail on the head; don't pretend you're straight, and it'll sort itself out. The approach I take is to act like everyone already knows. If it comes up in conversation, I'm honest about it, but if it never does, then I don't need to make a big deal out of it. So if someone says, "Isn't that girl hot?", I might say, "I mean, I can see why you'd say that. But I'm not really qualified to make that call." Maybe with a, "Now him on the other hand..." for good measure. :slight_smile:

4. Einturing123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    FYI. I don't use Facebook, only Twitter. But using the 'social networking approach' is useless since I tried to come out on Twitter several times, yet ABSOLUTELY no one noticed. So yeah that's a shame. But with the 'hot girl' approach, I might try that :grin:.

P.S I am only 13.

5. manoverboard09

What I've realized recently is just be yourself. It's your business that you're gay, not necessarily anyone else. Not everyone has to know you're gay, they just assume you're straight because that's the "norm". If someone asks you, say yes, I'm gay. But otherwise it doesn't really matter does it? :slight_smile:

6. Imgaymomgay

Imgaymomgay Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your only 13 then you shouldn't give a damn about what anyone else think. You are who you are and if your school is fine with gays just tell people if they ask.

7. Einturing123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow..then again, even though I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy want to come out, I get a sick feeling in my stomach and I feel worried. D:

8. Imgaymomgay

Imgaymomgay Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I came out to my first person by text and because its the Easter holidays I haven't seen her since I told her. I've got that weird feeling too but I think it's just cos I haven't actually talked to her about it

9. warhammer40kgay

(*hug*):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:What is interesting is We are in the same situation I have told 2 mates 1 upfront and he wad fine cause his mum is les 2nd comes from Christian family and he's fine with it too
    BTW if you are into 1 direction plz post on my wall zayn is the best in my opinion and this has not helped at all has it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: good luck