1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A pretty good day.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Count Duckula, Apr 15, 2013.

1. I finally get to post in this section. What an accomplishment! I just came out to two people: my mother via email and a friend via facebook message. They friend is also a lesbian, so I knew she wouldn't have any problems, but I wasn't expecting such acceptance from my mom. She was said " that was the sweetest letter I've ever received and I will cherish it forever." I honestly expected denial and tons of tears, but she was 100% accepting. She handled it better than I did, that's for sure. I'm really glad I did that though. I feel much better now.

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh, congratulations! I love to hear when families are accepting and your mom sounds awesome. Glad to hear that they both were cool about it!

3. The Dude

Wow that's awesome. What a big day. Your letter was brilliant, I'm so happy to hear she appreciated it. Maybe you can keep posting in this section with any kind of luck?

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It must be such a relief!

5. Thanks, guys.(!) (I've never used the dancing banana before, but I feel it is appropriate.)

Hopefully. These two wonderful responses certainly helped boost my confidence.

6. PeteNJ

That's great -- what a wonderful Mom you have and a super friend! You should be proud of the courage it took for you to come out to them. Congratulations.