1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second person - it felt so good

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kibeth, Apr 23, 2013.

1. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There is this teacher at school with whom I have formed a really strong bond with in the past 4 years. She never taught me, but she runs the library. I met her in grade 8 when my Afrikaans teacher sent me to her to find something to read.

It is impossible to guess how old she is: she has enough energy to be 30-something (she walks to school and still jogs almost everyday), enough wisdom to be 90-something and she looks at least 70-something...

Whenever I've struggled with a concept or something like forgiveness, anything about faith or history I would go to her - she just gets me. We don't always agree, but we understand each other. And I always understand life better after talking to her.
    So today I decided (it's the second day after start of term) it's time to tell her.

I stuttered and talked nonsense for about 5 minutes before getting to the point, I was so nervous. I really had no reason to be nervous as we have talked about homosexuality before, so I knew she was ok with it. (it was after I read a book, form our school library, where the two main characters are a gay and a questioning man in Amsterdam in the late 80's) I was already questioning at the time but did not have the guts to say anything.

When I finally got to the point she was so supportive: She asked if I was ok with it (probably on account of me sounding so nervous:dry:slight_smile: Then she said I shouldn't rush it, (I admitted not being sure) and that I shouldn't "struggle" (can't find the proper translation) with it but see it as an adventure. And that when two people fall in love it is ALWAYS something beautiful and that she wishes more people were as loving as some of her gay friends. And also that she is glad that I told her and then she gave me (a very rare) hug. We only talked for about 20min before I had to run to catch a bus.

Every time I say it becomes more a part of me. I become more sure: I like girls! :icon_bigg

2. The Dude

Awesome story. I'm glad you were comfortable enough to be honest enough to admit you're not 100% sure...I'm doing the same thing and it's working great.

Congrats though, it sounds like you have an awesome relationship with this woman!