1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by KelseaMariah9, Apr 6, 2008.

1. KelseaMariah9

I've pretty much lived my whole life in confusion. Even as a young girl of 8 I would say to my parents I would marry a girl. (Many younger kids do... but I felt I was different.)
    When I got to be about 10 I met a girl named Chelcee. She would talk to me about all of these guys she liked, or had a crush on... but I was never really interested. We became best friends... When we were 12 we were caught "fooling around" by my sister. My parents never found out, but my sister hardly talked to me after that.
    Eventually she moved away. I moved to a different school. I met a new girl. She was with me for a long time. She smoked weed, and was suicidal, I was there for her. I got her to stop cutting. I told her that everything in her life was happening for a reason, and that I loved her... (as a friend) A year after we met I had to move away. It was 5 hours away, and we lost contact. I called every number I had of hers.. they were disconnected. I e-mailed. I did everything I could. No sign of my best friend.
    Now almost four years later I finally have made contact with her through Myspace.
    I told her that I thought I was bisexual, and she told me she already came out to her family. She also told me that she knew she was bisexual when we met. I have stayed in contact with her, also she helped me build up enough courage to tell my friends about who I am.
    First, I told my best friend, Ariel, she didnt feel very comfortable around me after that. I understand, but It still hurts losing someone you care about. Second, I told my close group of friends, none of them had a problem with it. Samantha, one of my other best friends, even said, " Thank you for telling us this. I have been so confused, because I am sure I am bisexual. But now that you have told people you gave me the courage to tell my family." I did not tell anyone in my family except my sister. (the one who caught me in the beginning) She told me she knew and didn't really care. So that was easy... Until she told my mom. She didn't want me "hitting on" her friends, so she wantd me out of her birthday party. My mom said that if I did anything like that then I would have to leave. My dad still has no clue, but I know he will :kiss: Well I g2g.

2. byeee

Congrats for being able to tell so many people :slight_smile:
    Hope it works out well with your dad as well...

3. Louise

Your story is good in that your mum has accepted your bi-sexuality but I find your sister's reaction and that of your mum rather harsh. What does that mean, because you are bi-sexual you are going to hit on everything that moves?!

You might like to remind your mum that you are not a dog in heat! you are a human being with feelings and sentiments and when and if you decide to 'hit' on someone it will be the person of your choice and because you are attracted to that person not just someone who happens to be in the house! Ohhh you've got me ranting now... sorry.

4. Rahata

Congrats! Seems like its going to go fine for you. And don't worry your sister will come around it'll just take time lol. My brother and sister both are still denying that I'm out.

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey, welcome to EC!!

And congratulations for figuring it out, and coming out to so many people so young (you are way ahead of many of us here!). And I'm glad that most people have been really supportive - and that, actually, by coming out, you've helped some others of your friends. I think that eventually people like your sister will come round, and hopefully everything will be alright with your dad when it comes to that *fingers crossed*.

But I'm sorry you've had so many experiences of losing people/moving away - although this will happen throughout your life, and I'm glad you're back in contact with that friend of yours.

But welcome!! :slight_smile: