1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A certain cousin of mine...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by crimsonarcher, Apr 6, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

told me that he was bi, and shortly afterwards, told his mom. He told me that he was really relieved, but also, he told me that from here on out, he's gonna have a hard life.
    Sad thing is that his mom was kinda accepting, but she did tell him that "it's not OK to be bi, gay, or anything under the eyes of God", and also told him at the end that "he's confused." I feel that I'm the only person who can help him now, and i do feel happy that he comes to me for a lot of advice.

2. NathanHaleFan

Uh, well, you personally need to talk to your cousin's mother and you also need to give her some PFLAG brochures.

Good luck!

3. biisme

Ahhh.....well. Religion. Perhaps some PFLAG pamphlets are a very good idea, like NathanHaleFan said.

I hope she becomes more adjusted to it, and it's great that he feels he can be open with you. :slight_smile:

4. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

PFLAG pamphlets would be the best thing to do in this situation as said by the above

Usually parent's opinions change when it is their own child

5. CrimsonThunder

If anyone ever said I was confused I'd reply with "Yeah I'm confused with why your so stupid" or something like that.

Thats good he came out to you, give him some advice and stuff!

6. Louise

I'm not trying to defend your cousin's mum but stupid 'you're confused' comments are more and indication of his mum's denial that an actual belief that your cousin is confused. I know it's difficult but don't forget most of you have spent months or years trying to deny that you are homosexual and then you expect your parents to accept it straight away! Hey parents are human too!