1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally did it,

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hawthorne, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Hawthorne

I finally came out to some of my family and it went over interesting, I told my brother in public so as to not cause a scene and he told me he knew has always known and doesn't really care so long as I do no go into details about the relationship. My parents didn't take it great but didn't take it bad either they just said "It will be okay we will work through this." Which I am unsure if that is acceptance or just saying its a phase nicely, Either way they know and now I feel better about myself it has given me the confidence boost that I needed and I now do not have to hide my relationship any longer which is just so freeing and makes me feel so warm inside. Oh life is beginning to look up for me which just makes me so glad that I didn't end it so many months ago, lots of therapy has shown me that much!:thumbsup: As it is said "It does truely get better"

2. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great stuff! I think that each time you tell someone it helps to make it feel more normal - at least that's what happend for me. We don't always get gushing acceptance, but sometimes family needs a while to think about it. Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

3. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations, mudkip!

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, for such a brave move :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. tryhtwfr

Well done! Did your brother say that in a rude way like he is generally disgusted by same sex relationship or was that a bit of banter?

6. Van

Van

Aw, congrats. Your brother could have been a bit more sensitive, but glad it went well. :grin:
    As for your folks, hope what they said means "we'll get used to it". :grin:

7. Hawthorne

Well when it comes to my brother is homophobic in lots things but in the end I know he wants the best for me and that's what matters to me. I mean we have our differences and with my parents I told them my deep dark secret of doing drag they said that is a bit much but as long as I am happy do whatever makes me so.

8. The Dude

Wow awesome story man...I'm happy your family is able to deal with it, despite the homophobia...congrats on taking a big step and being brave. Very inspiring for those of us who still haven't told their parents

9. Hawthorne

Well I have been trying to prepare them to tell them for a long time because before I would have been disowned

10. manoverboard09

Congratulations on coming out! it seems they took it pretty decent and maturely. Hope they love you the same no matter what :slight_smile:

11. BadCanadaJoke

congrats,really!!! Any not negative reaction is positive in my opinion!!! real glad it all want well:slight_smile:)

12. Munyal

That's great! As previously said, it gets easier every time you tell someone.