1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to one person

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by stanglvr89, Apr 8, 2008.

1. stanglvr89

Well, I told someone (!) Yesterday, there wasn't anything to do, so I drank some rum. One of my best friends (I'll call him "R") came in and asked me to look at his roomate's computer (he thought he broke it). While I was looking at the computer, I had an urge to tell him (probably from the rum) , but his roomate was still there, so I texted him and said that I needed to tell him something. When his roomate left, he asked me what it was, and I kinda chickened out. He kept asking what it was, and started guessing. Then another friend came in (I'll call him "J). R told J that he was guessing what I wanted to tell him, and J started guessing, too.
    Then it was like,
    J: You're gay
    Me: Good guess!
    J: Wait, what?!?
    R: You're gay?
    Me: Maybe

Then J said something negative about how he saw two guys kiss when he was leaving the club over the weekend, and I started yelling at him, saying that he should be more accepting of people.
    R texted me and asked me if I really was gay, and I texted back, asking what his reaction would be if I was. He texted back, saying "well since i already know you and you're like a best friend, it doesnt matter to me. i wont judge you any differently because no matter what you're cool as shit". I thanked him, and he said "so its a yes?", and I said "yea, and dont you tell ANYONE". He said he wouldn't. I don't think J knows, because I've joked around with him about being gay before.

wow..i feel relieved :eusa_danc

2. Louise

Yeay, good for you. What a positive start for you, I am really pleased!

3. byeee

It's always harder the first time :wink:. Good luck with the next people! :grin:

4. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Awesome! I bet it feels great :slight_smile:

5. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Congratulations!! The first time is always the worst...I suppose because you have absolutely no idea what's going to happen, and you haven't yet got a single person to fall back on if it all goes wrong.

But congrats! And I am *so* glad that he is really not bothered - and I'm really annoyed about that other guy who seems to have a problem with it all preventing you coming out properly. Grrr.

But now you have an ally!! (apart from us lot)! (!)

It does get easier the more used to coming out you get, although, obviously, some comings-out are harder than others.

6. biisme

yay!!!!!!!!! I'm glad that R was so understanding.

J sounds like a bigot, but hey, they're everywhere.

7. stanglvr89

Thanks :slight_smile: Yea, I feel really good right now, and I'm really happy that he took it so well. I think what make me want to tell him was what he said friday night when we were hangin out. He said that he knows its not a choice, and that he doesn't have any problems with gay people that don't act flamboyant.

8. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

GRATZ :slight_smile::eusa_danc

9. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well done....it gets easier..