1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Coming outs..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sayitforreals, Apr 8, 2008.

1. sayitforreals

Okay, so I guess I am pretty bored, and I don't really want to go to sleep, so I thought why not tell EC some of my coming out stories. A couple of them are funny, some are really boring, but its whatever, I like to remember them none the less.

#1. Over the last summer I was on a trip to florida with a school group. We were riding in a charter bus, and It was late so me and my friend ( lets call her C.) were laying in the floor talking. Everyone else was asleep, and she seemed like she was being awfully touchey feely. But anyways I had decided to tell her that weekend because I knew she was very supportive of another friend of hers that had told her. So we laid in the floor and talked for a few hours, about nothing really, and I guess everything, but then ''it'' got ''bad.'' haha. It got quiet and then C was like, "I think I like you," and so I respond, probably a little louder than intended, "I think I like boys." I think it bugged her a little, but she got over it pretty quickly.

#2. Number 2 ( A.) happened on the same trip. I was really a lot closer to her than C, so I felt somewhat obligated to tell her. It really isn't that good of a story. I mostly tried to make her guess for around an hour, and then she finally got it right. I am relatively sure she had been thinking it the whole time, but she didn't want to hurt my
    feelings.

#3 Who was number three...hmm. I suppose number three was W. I had met W around 5 years ago from a mutual friend, but didn't really talk to him. We both remained friends with the mutual friend, and around a month ago he added me on myspace, so I decided to message him on msn. We talked for forever. I told him I had written a portfolio piece over gay marriage, and he said he had a big secret, and there was this guy who hated both of us because he thought we were gay, and so eventually we were both just kinda like, "I like boys." and that was that. We talk a lot now, and he has kind of inspired me to tell more people

#4 This one really isn't that great. I was having a bad night, and A. wasn't returning my txts because she was at work, and W. doesn't have txt and wasn't on MSN. In the past I had talked to H (number 3) about a lot of things so she seemed like the only logical person to go to at that time. I told her online, and she was really cool about it. Number 5 is essentially the same story. Something funny actually happened with H last week though. I wrote her a note in school about this guy, and this nosy girl snatched it out of my hand. Out of instinct we both kind of tackled her, and she didn't get to see the note.

#6 This one will be called Al, and is kind of a funny story. I had kind of decided to tell her because she was friends with W. ANYWAYS, we were driving in her car, kind of discussing W, and then he called her. We got on the subject of secrets, and he said his was his sexuality, which we both knew. So then AL jokingly says, "thats okay, I like that in my friends," and I blurt out, "good because you have two." and she just kind of stared at me and didn't believe me. W had to confirm.

#7 wasn't too special. I had made plans with #7 and W, but it rained really bad so they couldn't come. But I was talking to her on the internet and I was like, "eff it, I was going to tell you anyways, Im not straight." and then like super fast (as if it was already typed in the message box) she says "CALLED IT!" which was funny.

That is my list so far, but this weekend I have every intention of adding my Best friend to the list. One would think you would tell your best friend first, but no. My best friend has problems talking about serious things sometimes, but its just going to have to be awkward this weekend. W has already told my best friend about his sexuality (if you were reading closely you will notice that W and I met through a mutual friend. My best friend is that mutual friend.) so I am a lot more comfortable dropping this bomb to my best friend. Wish me luck, and I hope it wasn't too boring.

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Congrats on being out to so many people! (and gay ones amongst them!)

I like the "good because you have two" line and the "CALLED IT!" one too!! Also for no. 6 where your friend W had to confirm!!
    I'm glad that random girl didn't get to read your note though - unintended comings-out suck, especially because you can't always vouch for them being discreet.

The person I consider my best, oldest, friend still doesn't know. So I don't think it's weird that you wouldn't tell them first. I think that people worry that their friends won't like it if they change. But it sounds like they'll be supportive - in fact they may already guess or know!! But good luck coming out to them!!

3. byeee

I laughed so hard at the 'good because you have two'. That would be an awesome thing to tell someone =)

4. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Grats! :eusa_clap Soo many people!

5. Grof142007

some of those were defe funny =) feel good to be out eh.

6. sayitforreals

Thanks guys. Ill have to come back and inform everyone of how it goes with my best friend. Im actually really looking forward to it. Alot of people actually think he is gay...maybe it will be the W situation all over again.