1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother Knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by riahf, May 3, 2013.

1. riahf

My brother and I were talking about my dad's homophobia and how annoying it was. I thought that was as good a time as any and I really needed to talk to somebody verbally about my confusion. So, I told my brother that I'm not straight. I told him how I've been feeling, and it feels so good to have said it out loud to a person.

My brother is so understanding and told me nothing has changed in our relationship and he will love and support me no matter what. He also admitted to having kind of the same feelings as I have regarding his orientation, so I think it was good of me to have come out, because now he knows he can talk to me if he needs help sorting everything out, since I've been there, too.

So yay! I knew he would be supportive, but saying it out loud has made me feel more confident about me identifying as lesbian or at least something in that range.

2. The Dude

Congrats on telling your bro! So often people say wait til you're confident before you talk somebody but I didn't. I told a few buddies I was a bit confused, and it made self-acceptance much easier. I'm glad it worked out for you...awesome

3. riahf

Thanks, I really did think it helped relieve a lot of the denial I've been feeling, and now I know I have the support of someone I know, which makes it a lot less scary.

Thanks!

4. PeteNJ

Fantastic that your brother is so supportive! Fortunate to be so loved by him. Be proud of your courage and authenticity to come out to him. Congratulations :thumbsup:

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :thumbsup:
    You should get your Brother to join EC, if he is confused about his Sexual Orientation :slight_smile:

6. agonizingnose

Yes I agree, oh and congrats! ^^

7. riahf

Thanks everyone, I'm really happy.

My brother didn't really want to talk about it with me, he just kind of mentioned he had been having some confusing feelings that were similar to mine, but didn't want to address them. But I texted him this morning about EC so he knows that if he's not ready to chat with me, he can come here and have all of your awesome support!