1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And a few more....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainbowMan, May 5, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

I was at the bar tonight, and after closing it was just me, another regular, and the bartender. We were having a conversation where the bartender was saying me and the other regular that we're so mellow, that there's no drama in our lives, etc.

I decided at this point to reveal that there actually *was* drama in my life, and what that drama was. I had a feeling that both of them would be accepting (the other regular has a lesbian sister, and the bartender I had some reservations about, but knew that she'd be fine - after all, the owner of the bar is gay, and the conversation involved gay issues).

The consensus was "that isn't drama, that's just who you are - no problem there!", which felt wonderful. I guess living in NYC has its perks - it's a very accepting city, perhaps second only to San Francisco (and we're trying to take the tech industry away from the Bay Area, so why not that at the same time????)

Worth noting that I'd known both of these people for several years prior - it's not like we're just random folks meeting at a bar one night (though that is how it all started.....) :slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats for telling it like it is!...without the drama :slight_smile:

3. The Dude

Cool story, I'm glad they were accepting. Congratulations!

4. RainbowMan

I was slightly drunk when I wrote that last night - I mentioned that NYC is trying to take the tech scene from the Bay Area - very true :slight_smile:

I also mentioned perhaps we should try to take the status as the #1 LGBT city from SF. Now that I think about it further, I think we should probably just focus on one aspect of world domination at a time, bwahahahahha. The rest will come :grin:

5. PeteNJ

Nice! Congrats on coming out to your bar friends.

Do you realize how far you've come since you've been on EC? :icon_bigg :thumbsup: :thumbsup: