1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my mum again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RedPowerRanger, May 7, 2013.

1. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Just told my mum about me being gay. I did come out when i was 20 i think which she put down to being a phase. I did a text letter on my mobile telling how i feel and what i want to do. I did this yesterday. I been feeling really nervous and scared about it. Sent it about an hour ago. She was ok. Didn`t want me to find a guy yet because of my illness. If that the real reason i don`t know. I`m hoping i will be able to go to LGBT social meeting soon. Need to work on that. 1 step at a time though. I wish others on here when they ready and i hope it goes well for you.

2. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah, look! I managed to not be such an overwhelmed bum, and make it to your thread!
    Good for you, Red! You're a braver man than I; I haven't the nerve to let my parents know, even though they somewhat already do.
    Hopefully it will sink in and stick with her this time, and it would be absolutely amazing if you were to be able to attend one of the LGBT social events.
    Best of luck, my friend. I'm rooting for ya!

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Im so proud of you!I did told mine a month ago and she was ok with it,it was like she knew it.And im sure that parents who love their children will understand such an issue.Im really happy for you really

4. JPC

JPC Guest

I'm glad you went through with it and she reacted quite well. Good for you!

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Dude, for reiterating your position, I am so glad it went well :slight_smile: