1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out and it wasn't even difficult

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Nearlyout, May 11, 2013.

1. Nearlyout

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey everyone.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been coming out to friends one by one and finally came out to the last few people this week. The whole experience has been massively affirming and I'm so glad I've done it. Literally everyone I've told has reacted in a very similar manner, being completely comfortable with the situation. While I've still got to tell my family I could not be happier that all my friends have just accepted my sexuality as just another part of what I am and have not changed their opinions of me in the slightest. I just want anyone out there who is deciding whether to come out or not to know that if you are confident that your friends care about you and you want to share your sexuality with them then do it and be yourself. It is the best thing I've ever done and I hope other gay people have as positive an experience as I have.

All the best :thumbsup:

2. KingdomKeyDK

That's great! I'm glad you are finally free. :wink:

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, I am glad it all went so well for you & it was a positive experience, good luck with your family :slight_smile:

4. ilovebears

This has been happening to me too! Yayy.