1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by suninthesky, May 16, 2013.

1. suninthesky

I came out to my parents as transgender! It was really nerve-wracking and my mom cried. I think they had accepted that I wasn't going to go for a guy, but being a guy was something that is gonna take time to get used to. They still use she/her/girl/young lady, which really hurts, but I think they just need some time, which I'll give them. My dad was really calm when I told him, but I heard from my sister that he was freaking out later. I don't really know what's going to happen next because I'd like to be open in college but I'm nervous that people won't take me seriously. I'm just not really sure what's going to happen next or if they're gonna have a secondary reaction.

2. incorrect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Congratulations on coming out. above all you should be proud of that. I haven't even worked up the courage to tell My wife I'm trans. I'm sure your parents will come around if for no other reason than they love you (as represented By you're dad not freaking out in front of you) I'm sure they are just confused about your reasons why and are fearful that your not happy with who you are. Just reassure t them you are happy being who you want to be. Wishing you the best of luck

---------- Post added 16th May 2013 at 09:48 AM ----------

P.M. congratulations Sir

3. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    good for you! i had friends in college who are open transgender women and theyre one of the nicest people i know! :slight_smile: good luck

4. Candace

Congrats! But give it time for them to adjust and understand your situation. Best of luck to you :slight_smile:

5. BadCanadaJoke

i agree. give them time to get used to the situation and congrats!!! biiig step! we're all proud:slight_smile:))

6. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Congrats!!! :slight_smile:

7. PeteNJ

What a big step -- congratulations! You've been working on you a while, I'm sure. Give your parents some time. They clearly love you based on their initial reaction. Be gentle to them, they'll be gentle to you, I'm sure.

8. MixedNutz

Wow Congratulations! I agree with everyone,it will take them some time to get used to it.