1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamest thread of all the lame threads.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by turniptumbler, May 16, 2013.

1. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this is stupid. But I'm moving out in September to live on residence for school. I'm
    Worried about the fact that ill be living with other guys, I'm not really obnoxious or noticeable when it comes to my sexuality, but I'm just unsure how to handle my life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: any advice on what some of you did when you went to college?

2. UndercoverGypsy

While I have no experience in this situation, why not just treat them like bros?

3. The Dude

Just wrapped up my first year in college.

Unfortunately I can't give much advice regarding roommates and sexual orientation as I've only more recently begun acknowledging it.

However, I'd say just be yourself. A friend I met had a flamboyant gay roommate and they got along fine. Odds are the person probably won't care, although they may be a bit hesitant if you're out. If you aren't flamboyant then it probably won't make much of a difference.

The other thing is, if a problem should arise, you can always request a new roommate and leave. So don't worry about getting an asshole roommate...if you do, you can just switch.

Good luck to you. Trust me, its really out of your control and not worth worrying about. Good luck!

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I had just began to wonder if I might like guys my first year in college. I can tell you one thing; people don't usually care one way or the other in college. It's very much a live and let live type of thing. I told my roommate one night and he actually ended up being like the one straight guy on the planet who understood that just because I thought I liked guys didn't mean I had a crush on him. I suppose it also depends on how freely you acknowledge it; but in either case I've never heard of anyone getting trouble for it at the colleges I went to.

5. turniptumbler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm completely out and comfortable, have been for years :slight_smile: and I have straight friends! But most of my friends are girls, and I've never had to actually live with guys! I'm just afraid if I'm drinking or something and fuck up, I don't wanna make things awkward! I've been out for three years, and kind if lack in the whole 'coming' our thing! :slight_smile: I'm not really asking questions, I just wanna know how people (did/can) deal with it! Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

6. Candace

As long as your friends know your boundaries. I mean...they know your intentions, so why should they worry? Just ask them to treat you as they would normally. Be like bros.

This is coming from a guy who has many straight guy friends who know he's gay. :slight_smile:

7. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stay cool, be honest and live your life as you would do everywhere else. At least it works for me everywhere! But most important of all: Always be yourself!