1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody wrote a coming out/gay diary?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dans le placard, May 30, 2013.

1. Dans le placard

So my coming out experiences have generally been quite positive so far, but even so, it's obviously left me with a lot on my mind that I want to get out at all random hours (not that I need to explain that to anyone here!). I know I've always got this website for support, but a lot of the things I want to get off my chest are simply general feelings and little else more. I find that I can't actually write general diaries and journals that track every aspect of my life, but can easily write about specific aspects of my life and interests (i.e. film/book reviews, vacations etc). So for the past week or so, I've been writing a diary about my sexuality and coming out. I've been finding it quite theraputic, and wondered if anybody else has done a similar thing.

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I tried keeping a diary and failed. I keep it at home under my bed and honestly kinda hope my parents will find it one day when I'm not there...

3. Rexmond

I thought about doing it a few years ago when I was "curious", but I never did because I wasn't motivated enough to buy a diary.

4. SilverGirl

well i never really thought about it, but im just coming out slowly so who knows, maybe i could do something like this :slight_smile:

well why dont you try putting it under THEIR bed? :grin:

5. Emberblaze

I've been keeping a journal since about December of last year. The focus of it seemed to start off with how I felt about my sexuality since I didn't have anyone else to talk to it about because they didn't understand, know, care, or want to hear about it.

My journal has been one of my best friends, but it's not really a general journal. I usually write about key events in my life and I start off most entries with a quote and I keep it dated and all.

Every now and then, I like to talk to two fabricated personas if you will. One of em is to keep me calm and to comfort me and all, and the other one is kinda one that slips out and is just me mindlessly tearing away at pages when I'm enraged.

But I digress heh heh. THe I talk about my gayness in the journal quite often, write songs, poems, prose, etc

6. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually... It was for a while there. :lol:

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I keep a journal on my phone, which I use mostly for all my gender musings, etc. Chances are highly unlikely that anyone'll stumble across it, since I've got passcodes set up, etc. but I dunno, guess I'm with PurpleRain. Almost wish someone would read it (might give it to a therapist or something) but a lot of sex, tmi, and just general crap I'd hate for my mother to sweeten onto.

8. Candace

I have not yet, but I was at one point considering keeping a tally score of how many people I've come out to :grin: