1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to one of my cousins + surprise

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hkboy93, May 31, 2013.

1. hkboy93

Just got to posting this now due to my crazy intern schedule, but about a week ago, I came out to my cousin via Facebook PM (shes in Canada, I'm in Hong Kong atm) with a really long message which coincided with her birhtday. I only decided to come out to her because each time I posted pro-LGBT news she would like and comment on it, I didn't think much of it since shes really open minded about everything so I thought she was just a straight ally.

Heres the shocker...she replied and said it was the best birthday present she could ever recieve and told me she too herself was gay. I just remember getting so overwhelmed by an unknown emotion that I started tearing up and crying.

I need to update my gaydar...got two shocks and surprises of my life within these few months...my best friend and cousin is gay and I didn't have a trace of a clue.

2. Candace

That is strange!! I am glad that you were honest with her and vice-versa. Congrats, man! :slight_smile:

3. riahf

That's great! I'm glad it went so well!

4. Techno Kid

That is so sweet! ^_^
    I'm really happy for you!

5. hkboy93

thank you :slight_smile: