1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My letter to my Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ThinkingZeno86, May 31, 2013.

1. So I thought I'd share the letter I wrote. I had to put it down in writing, because I wasn't sure how to word what I wanted to say. I really hope this might help someone who's also thinking about coming out(&&&):

#1 ThinkingZeno86, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  2. Lewis

Overall I like the letter, but I'd be pretty embarrassed if my dad knew I had a dildo!

I hope it goes well regardless. I'm writing my letter as we speak. I agree...it's terrifying.

3. It did! He's amazingly supportive and accepting. :thumbsup:

4. Hefiel

I concur. When I read the part with the dildo I thought "Don't tell me OP just put that in the letter!". :lol:

Oh well, it's a great letter otherwise. Do post a response from your father if you get one!

5. The Dude

It's a beautiful letter and I'm thrilled to hear it was received well! Congratulations, you must feel great. Way to be courageous.

6. Candace

A great letter, and hearing that your dad took the news well is the icing on the cake! :slight_smile:

7. SilverGirl

oh man thats really awesome! ive been thinking about doing a letter to my mom too, im goint to come out to her while in the therapyst session, so the therapyst can tell some things to my mom too, but i was also thinking of writing a letter to give to her after the therapy, explaining my feelings, do you guys think this is a good idea?

and congratulations that your dad is supporting you! im only hoping my mom does the same :grin:

8. Have you talked with her about LGBT subjects in the past, to see how she feels? That might give you an idea as to what to expect.

9. SilverGirl

well i never really did talk about it to her, but she said she would always support me so i hope she will be ok with it :grin:

10. Good luck, hun!

Let us know how it goes. EC's a great place if you ever need to talk about anything at all. (*hug*)

11. biggayguy

I wrote a letter to each of my parents about twelve years ago. My letter was based on Mouse's coming out letter from More Tales of the City. He said in his letter most of what I was thinking and feeling. Later I followed up with a phone call very afraid they wouldn't talk to me. Mom said she disagreed with my "lifestyle" choice but still loved me. Dad said he didn't have a problem with it but we have never spoken of it again. He also said he still loved me.