1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 down, 3 millions to go :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SwirlingOcean, May 31, 2013.

1. SwirlingOcean

Today I came out to my best friend, my sister, and my brother-in-law!! I was anxious all day but everything went really well and I know I'm very lucky to have such accepting and awesome people in my life :')

I told my friend S that my world had been turned upside down and everything I knew about myself had been flushed down the toilet. I told her that I had some news and wanted her to come over and later we'd go to my sister's house. I had been up since 5:00 AM with anxiety. So my friend finally showed up late at my house around 3:30 PM and I told her almost right away. .."So I have some news.....umm...do you have a guess about what it is?.." She said does it have something to do with B? (B is...or WAS my future, my everything, ...the person I had been planning with to move outta state with). I said, "well, my news affects that situation." ....She had no idea. So I said, "ok,.... I'm not bi, I'm gay... like 100%..." And right away she said "ok." :slight_smile: phew!!! She was completely accepting and cool with it.(!)(!)(!):thumbsup: The few minutes of clarification and chit chat after that I don't really remember because I had an overwhelming feeling of relief. Part of the burden had been lifted! On to my sister's house a few hours later...

Once we got there I just wanted to blurt it out but my niece was around (7 years old) and I am fine with her knowing except that I don't want her to let it slip to the rest of my family before I get a chance to tell them myself. So I waited for the right moment. We were all (me, my sister, brother-in-law, and friend) sitting by the bonfire and I just kinda blurted it out with no real introduction " so I wanted to come over tonight because I have some news...its not bad... ok... I'm gay" ...It was REALLY awkward for like 30 seconds but I did kinda just drop it on them. But I could tell that my sister was really trying to compose herself. And she smiled. Everything was fine. I made a joke: "When at 30 years old the only man that you had ever considered having sex with is Adam Lambert...that should have been a sign!" We laughed and it was all good. I expained how I really thoguht I was gonna end up with B and I felt stupid for not knowing because of my age but they were very understanding. :thumbsup:

It feels awesome to have gotten it off my chest! (!) (!) (!) I'm so glad that's out of the way. I still have my parents, my aunt, my cousin and B:eek: to tell, which will be much harder. But I feel good so far and I'm not in a rush to tell them yet. I'm just glad that some of the most important people in my life know.

A weight has been lifted.

2. The Dude

Awesome story, you should be very proud of your courage! Congratulations, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

3. SwirlingOcean

Thanks Dude!! :slight_smile: