1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to some friends at work!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SwirlingOcean, Jun 3, 2013.

1. SwirlingOcean

Today I was planning on telling my friend that I work with. She could tell something was wrong when she texted me and asked about B (an ex that I was planning on getting back together with and probably would have ended up marrying. It was a long distance relationship at this point). I told her that I was in the process of writing him a letter about why we could never be together. I told her I'd tell her why in a few days at work.

So this morning I told her why I had to write B this letter. She was shocked. But she's cool and it went well. I was so emotionally drained though. Waiting to finally blurt it out all morning when you know its coming is exhausting. But I felt better. I didn't plan on telling anyone else at work. Unless I had a reason or the explicitly asked. I figured I could go a while before having to come out again. And again, and again :wink:

Then outta the blue my other friend at work came up to me and I couldn't believe what she was asking me. She said "hey! you know that new guy that works in the other department? Isn't he cute? He seems like he's your type, all sweet and shy." .....:roflmao: I couldn't believe this was coming up so soon! But she is SO easy to talk to and friendly and I knew she'd be cool too. So I said, "yeah, when I first saw him I thought that he would be my type....but I don't like guys." "REALLY? WOW." ..She kept talking and saying things like "well they're all dogs anyway" haha (I don't think that guys! :wink: but it wasn't awkward at all. She was the easiest person in the world to come out to. No awkward silences and bad pokerfaces like with everyone else. She made it so normal I guess. I told her that I don't care who knows at work. (family is a different story). So if someone asks her to ask me out for them in the future (cause I think that's what happened) she can tell them. It's such a great feeling! (!) (!) (!)

2. The Dude

Awesome story, I'm so happy that they were so accepting! Must be nice to tell your one friend, and then have the courage to tell another even when you hadn't planned on it. I respect your courage.

So proud of you!

3. Fiddledeedee

That's amazing! Good on you for doing it despite it being hard, and I hope you continue to get good reactions.

4. Femmeme

Congratulations! (*hug*)