1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roommate Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Joey, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Ok, this one is kinda weird... Back in like, November or something my roommate and I were sitting in the room with the tv on (like we always do). And it just happened to be the gay episode of Next, during breaks from CounterStrike, he would be chuckling and go "wowww...I hope I don't have a gay friend like that."
    Anywho, since he's a lacrosse player and I wish I was. I started doing tricks with his stick, and after a few minutes I went "Hey Kevin... I'm playing with your balls and shaft..." Turning to me, he went "You would... I'm onto you"
    Ever so slyly, I put down his lacrosse stick and sit in front of my desk and tap him on the back of the head because our desks are positioned like that.... and go "Hey Kevin... I'm actually gay."
    He takes the 2 seconds to pause CS and turns around going "Seriously?"
    "Yup"
    "...Cool" and immediately went back to playing CounterStrike... and I took note that the little comments regarding Next stopped...

2. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Aww. That's sweet of him. And glad he stopped with the snide comments :slight_smile:
    Are you guys still good friends?

3. biisme

awwwww...that's so nice!

he sounds like a nice friend (and i'm assuming everything has been fine since?)

4. Joey

Yup, we're still good friends. Although now-a-days I'm more the one with snide comments... what's better was when I told his girlfriend when she came to visit one weekend. He had one to the bathroom and there was some awkward silence between us, and she had asked about the psycho chick/stalker/creeper/obsessive thing that used to be my friend. I explained it to her, but it started out with me going "Firstly, I'm gay." and she cuts me off after that and goes "OMG JOEY! I love you like 15 times more now!"

:dry: which means she liked me 15 times less before....

5. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Which means NOW you're in her good terms? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Joey

I guess so... I mean, we make fun of my roommate's hairy ass because we've both seen it. Then we talk about our perfect man, and she says she's going to take me shopping instead of her boyfriend because she needs a gay man's opinion... and we gabbed about Project Runway all the time

This is nothing compared to one of my friend's reactions at school. This was wayyy back in November when I was talking about the psycho chick/stalker/psycho/creeper thing and I was like "Oh yeah, firstly, I'm gay" and she ended up shouting "OMG I'VE ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN GAY!" :dry:
    And then we always mess around because she wants a sassy gay guy for a friend... and apparently I'm not nearly sassy enough all the time.... And don't even get me started on when I came out to my parents!! :bang:

7. Alex89

Lol expectations of what a gay guy "should" be like are funny. XD

I personally don't do any of the stereotypical things. I don't like stuff like Project Runway or fashion. I have no taste in clothes and really don't care what I wear, and I hate shopping (except for tech stuff =P).

I seem to have only gotten the sexuality but none of the personality / expectations, so don't worry about how much your female friends want you to be like the gay guys on TV. =) They'll learn you're not a toy they saw on TV, lol.

8. shakerdancee

What the eff is Next?

Whatever; glad that went well for you.

9. Gumtree

ZOMG What is it with the number 15? When i first told my best a few year's ago she said the EXACT thing, 15 and all!

Then the silly mole guessed my first guy, when, where and who i liked all first go. She must have cheated, it so wasn't that obvious...

10. Jim1454

That's a great story! Very cool.

11. Joey

I've got a bunch of odd coming out stories... I have an uncanny knack for doing it at the wrong time...

12. Thatsit