1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my friends ♥ (3 stories)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by David2231, Jun 3, 2013.

1. David2231

David2231 Guest

I'm gonna share 3 coming out stories, one of them from just yesterday. I wanna share my coming out stories because I want to inspire people that are ready to come out: to come out. It isn't as bad as you really think it is... (in some situations). If you have loving friends that respect you for you and won't judge you, then I believe that everything will turn out okay. ☺ Just a side-note, I've come out to 5 people in my life all of them are my very close friends that I can trust, I just chose these 3 because I'll remember them for the rest of my life. Anyway:

Friend 1: Lets call her Marilyn

After school me and Marilyn went to Starbucks to get some frappacino's and to hang out and talk, so we talked about life. We later went back to the school and just sat out front: my friend is very strange, she's very... touchy. She kept wanting to touch my hair so I was like okay fine whatever, so she did. We spent about 2 hours sitting there under a tree talking... I was texting my friend who I told before Marilyn that I was gay and she was like "Tell her!" and I was like "No..." and shes like "Do it" and I told my friend to. So while Marilyn was talking, my friend called me. I answered. The call went something like this:

Me: Heyyyyy!
    Her: Heyy, is Marilyn there?
    Marilyn: Heyyy :slight_smile:
    Her: Hey Marilyn I'm David's friend, umm I don't know how to say this or whatever, but this is really important to David...
    Marilyn: *Sort of gets it now* Yeahhh...? What?
    Her: David's gay.

Hanna literally hugged me so hard and told me she loved me and that she supported me 100% but she seemed really off and didn't talk after the hug..... the next day she said she wanted to talk to me and we went to this park at lunch, and she told me she had a HUGE crush on me, and that all the touchy things were all flirty and not just friendly things... she acted a bit distant about the whole gay thing because of the crush, but she got over it a while ago and we're still really good friends and accepts me for who I am.

Friend 2: (Short story) We'll call her Lana

It was maybe the second day Marilyn was being distant and awkward, (that phase is totally gone). Me and my friend have lockers beside each other at school, and so after school was over I was putting my stuff away and getting ready to leave, then Lana came and opened her locker and we started talking as usual. I was sort of on the brink of spilling out my whole life story to her because I couldn't handle Marilyn being so annoyingly distant and awkward, it was stressing me out -- so it sort of showed I guess... she was like "What's wrong...?" and I was like, nothing. And she said Oh. That's when I said "Can I tell you something." and she said "Yeahh.... sure?" so we were walking down the hall ready to leave and I said "You can sort of tell I'm not the straightest guy in the world, right...?" and she said "WhattttttttTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT" and I was like "You know what I mean." and I began to tell her about Marilyn, and she interrupted me and said: "waitwaitwait before you continue, 1. I fucking love you for telling me this, 2. I will support you no matter what, and 3. You're just FUCKING amazing I love you." Then we continued to talk about Marilyn and she reassured me that Marilyn would get over it, which she did.

Friend 3: This happened YESTERDAY! We will call her Marina

Yesterday the whole day I was battling depression about myself and who I am. I was very very angry and insulted by my family because long story short, I can't come out to them because they're very judgmental about LGBT people... It was around 11:50 and I saw my friend was online, and that whole day I was debating on telling her, so I decided to open the chatbox on Facebook to at least think about my options. That's when I said "Heyheyheyhey". I thought she went offline, but then 2 seconds later I saw that she saw the message (the check mark appeared)... she replied with heyheyheehey!!! Haha, that's when I was like oh crap what did I get myself into. So we talked all normally and then we stopped. That's when I fought my conscience and I said "Can I tell you something" very cheesy, but she said "Yeah what" and I said "Do you promise not to tell ANYONE" and she said "Yeah I pinky promise" LOL... I started playing a guessing game and she said JUST TELL ME! and so I said "I'll give you a hint, it starts with "G" and ends with "Ay". Literally." I saw she saw the message 2 seconds later... "YES YES YES TES I KNEW IT DHAGGAKFFALDJSGAJFKAFJDK" Literally I had the biggest smile ever. We talked about my situation until 1 AM and she asked questions, then we finally said Good Night and that's the end. Today I saw her and she smiled at me and gave me the I-know-you're-gay face and acted normally toward me, which I knew would happen but it gave me peace knowing that I can rely on friends for once, since I used to be a huge socially awkward loner a year ago LOL. I didn't trust anyone but now I do. ♥

(&&&) The End? Jk this isn't a book, but I hope you guys take note that if you think you're ready to come out, and that if you have ACCEPTING people in your life: Everything will be okay and that you should come out; and if they don't, then you don't need those people in your life. Personally coming out made my relationships and trust stronger.

"You know we as gay people we get to choose our family. We get to choose the people we’re around. I am your family, we are family here. I love you." - Rupaul, Rupaul's Drag Race ♥

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well congrats times 3

3. David2231

David2231 Guest

Thank you ♥ :newcolor:

4. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Reading this makes me smile :slight_smile: I'm glad it went well and I'm happy for you! Keep it up sooner or later you find yourself always coming out specially when you meet someone new. I also happened to come out with my crew members on these coffee shop we're working and it was really awkward but I managed to tell them the truth yet what annoys me is my manager told me that I should taste or sex with guys so that I can be straight and I was like what-the-f but glad I didn't burst out not because his our manager but because I realized I don't need to explain myself to those people who doesn't know a crap but it pissed me off honestly. Truly you can't just please everybody to accept you for who you are which is so sad. :-/

5. David2231

David2231 Guest

That's really insensitive of your manager to say... hopefully he/she doesn't say things like that again...! and thank you it's becoming more and more easier to tell people I'm gay, and I toooooootally agree with the acceptance part, people can either accept you for being you; otherwise if they can't then they aren't worth your time. :thumbsup:

6. Martjain

YESYESYES! I know that feeling of acceptance! It's absolutely amazing. I think one of the best parts of being LGBT is when you tell someone and they're all like: I knew It! or YOU'RE AWESOME! Or anything like that, it just fills me with joy.

7. David2231

David2231 Guest

YES! ♥ It's sort of obvious I'm gay, but the fact that they got happy over it and said that they support me and love me made the whole coming out experience worth it 200% because now I can express myself fully when I'm around my friends it's just such a good feeling. :lol:

8. Candace

Congratulations! Great to hear this! :grin:

9. David2231

David2231 Guest

♥ (*hug*)