1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my big brother... by accident!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Batman is swag, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Batman is swag

...And it was probably the best accident I've ever had! My brother (we'll call him Ryan) was coming home from a friend's house, and I was home composing a text to him. I planned on saving the text and sending it when it was the "right time". It went something like this:

DO'NT TELL MOM OR DAD, but I want to tell you something. But you have to PROMISE not to tell, okay?

When I was done, I hit 'save'-or so I thought. All the sudden, 'message sent' pops up on my phone. So I checked my sent messages folder, and sure enough, there it was. I had sent it to Ryan by accident.
    I immediately texted him saying CRAP I DIDN'T MEAN TO SEND THAT. TRIPLE CRAP.
    He texted back: Okay so what is it?
    Me: Wait, this is you, right? Mom and Dad don't have your phone?
    Ryan: Yes, it's me. Now what is it??????????
    Me: I'm gay. Surprise. Thanks for the bracelet (he recently bought me an I <3 boobies wristband)
    Ryan: LOL very funny and you're welcome.
    Me: I'm not joking.
    Ryan: Oh. Okeedoke, you're welcome anyway.
    Me: THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU.
    Ryan: I know. I'm awesome.
    Me: Yes you are. Please don't tell Mom or Dad. I want to do it myself when it's the right time.
    Ryan: Sure, all up to you.

When Ryan got home, he gave me a big hug and told me he loved me and he would help me come out to our parents (my parents are really accepting, and my Dad will probably be ecstatic about no boyfriends, so I don't know why I'm so scared). All he wanted to know was how long I'd known (four years) and why I didn't tell him earlier (I have no freaking idea). Then he told me he loved me again and "It's no big deal. It'll be fine."

I cannot believe what an AMAZING brother I have!!!!!!!! He is my best friend! Also, I would swear it on marshmallows and potato chips that it was my Mom-Mom who made me hit the wrong button and send it. She died when I was nine, and she knows me too well: If I hadn't done it by accident, I would have never done it at all! She's probably laughing from heaven right now... <3 Thanks, Mom-Mom! :slight_smile:

So now I just have to tell my parents within the next 93 days... I want to do it before school starts. Wish me luck and courage!
    Love always,
    Batman

2. The Dude

Hey Batman, awesome story and awesome brother. Sounds like a great accident, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations (!)(!)(!)

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh wow, that is great. Congratulations

5. SwirlingOcean

Aww! <3 Congrats!

6. Batman is swag

Omg I'm kind of grinning like an idiot right now... You guys are so awesome and supportive! Thanks so much! :slight_smile: