1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my sister!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ChristianHipstr, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

I finally came out to my sister! I always talk to her, so hiding this from her was getting too hard. I finally came out to her just an hour ago! Here's the conversation:

Me: "Summer,I really need to talk..."

Sister: "I'm going to be at work till 9, I can still text as long as I don't have a customer."

Me: "Ok. I need to tell you something, but promise it stays between us? And promise it won't change anything between us?"

Sister: "Are you pregnant?"

--Oh her sense of humor..--

Me: "No, I'm not Sarah (our sister) lol, but just promise?"

Sister: "I promise?"

Me: "Ok. Summer, this is what I need to tell you... The past few years I've been very confused. For quite a while, I've thought of both men and women as attractive, but never have thought much of it until recently. I have a pretty big crush on one of my friends, his name is Cole... Now seeing that I actually "like" guys as much as or more than i like girls, I've come to realize I'm probably bisexual... Your the person I'm closest to in our entire family and I felt you'd be the most understanding and supportive..."

--What felt like forever--

Sister: "Wayne, I'll call you when I get off of work. I'm so proud of you and love you no matter what. This won't change anything between, nothing would.. Unless you murder someone, that's too far.. I promise i won't tell Nana or Sarah, but if you need any help coming out to them I'll be here."

OH MY GOOOODDDDD. Those words felt so good I literally sat there just smiling at my phone for 10 minutes.

I also want to thank the EC community so far for helping me accept who I am and giving me the motivation to do this :slight_smile:
    I think my next outage will be with my gay uncle, I'm not real close to him, but I need advice with boy troubles damnit! lol :icon_wink

#1 ChristianHipstr, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It must feel wonderful to have your sister's unconditional support. Good display of courage, brother.

~ Adrian

3. KnownSecret

Congrats!!! I bet that did feel pretty wonderful! Glad to see your sister was just as supporting as mine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She sounds like she will be a wonderful support system, she will probably make the whole experience easier for you! And again as Adrian above me said: Good display of courage, brother!

~Zack~

4. The Dude

So happy your sister is supportive...you're lucky to have her.

Congratulations! You deserve a pat on the back for your bravery!

Good luck with future coming outs