1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to two people! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MtnFr3sh, Jun 5, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I came out to two friends who I can trust, and they took it awesomely :grin:
    Here's the last thread I started about asking if I should tell one person, part of it is in here.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...d-i-honest-my-friend-who-genuinely-asked.html

So, this morning I messaged my friend that I needed to talk to her, she didn't get it until 2nd period, I texted back that I'd find her at lunch. After I ate, I found her in the library. Earlier I had checked out a bible to make her swear on. But she considers a religious artifact so she wouldn't do it. She did swear on a brochure of her future, the only university she wants to or ever will go to... OU. Good enough for me.

So it went down like this...
    "Sierra, you know that really awkward question you asked me last week?"
    "Yeah"
    "Well, I lied to you... And I'm sorry."
    "Seriously?"
    "Yeah"
    "That's awesome! You know gay guys make the best besties! I guess we can be besties now!"

So after that she asked if I had a dude crush, I do have a crush on one guy but I didn't tell her. She also said she lied to me about the person she got into an argument with about 10 percent of the human population is gay, he actually does go to this school and he's not gay, though he is one person I would strongly suspect of it though who I've known since I was in 6th grade who's pretty awesome. As he walked into the library she grabbed him and dragged him over to us. I was like "Dammit what did you just swear on?!" She then said, that it was okay, he'd keep it a secret and that both of them are already covering for a couple other gay people. In my mind, once she said that, I was like "What the actual f*ck"

So once she dragged him over she was like "I was wrong" then he said "About what?" "About him!" then she gestured towards me. And he just laughed a little bit and was like "I must be right about everything!"

So I sat them both back down and told them about what happened when I kinda sorta told my mom. And how it ended in a lot of yelling, then that other guy said "Sounds just like my grandmother" I told them how I don't care if everybody at school knows, but, if they did find out, they'd tell my mom since she's a substitute. They both swear they'll keep my secret, the girl who said I was her new "bestie" said that she's now keeping a total of 3 gay people's secrets, including me.

When I told her, she said that when I was acting "offended" and dodged her question last week, she kinda knew.

So I guess, any advice for me about being out to two people now? Like, what are some of the benefits of it I guess?

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2013 at 06:01 PM ----------

Forgot something. I know I can trust both of them! :grin: Which is great.

So, after I told her, I also mentioned to her that she was one of the people I had been considering telling in the first place, and she had been she's the one person I had been thinking about telling. Then she turned to the other guy and was like "People just come out to me :grin: "

2. mattjm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off thats great so happy for you that they are supportive
    also some of the benefits are you dont have to pretend to be straight when your just with them which will feel like a huge weight off your shoulders also it makes for a more open friendship with them with more trust involved

3. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks! I think I'll be able to relax a lot more :grin: Maybe even since she knows other gay guys she might help set me up on a date :grin:

4. Martjain

So glad you've got 2 ppl who you can rely on, I know that feeling and it's awesome!
    Oh btw, when you don't have to act straight anymore around someone it's a great relief.
    Cheers!

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats dude! I'm so glad they took it so well and good luck in the future when you come out to more people! :grin:

6. BadCanadaJoke

congrats on coming out!!!! it's great to have people so supportive and that you can also be yourself around them!:slight_smile:)
    what are you thinking of doing from now on?

7. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, eventually, I plan on being out to everybody :grin: but not anytime soon though, hopefully maybe in the next couple of years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: