1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now father knows, too

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by stuffiscool, Jun 8, 2013.

1. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I came out to my mother two weeks ago, and she told my father some time since then, which I was NOT expecting. But now they BOTH think that it's just "experimentation" and that I'll realize I'm straight after dating more guys. =_____=

Otherwise, it's not that bad of a reaction. It hurts a little tiny bit knowing that they think it's a joke when it's a permanent part of my life, but it's still a lot better reaction than I was expecting.

I suppose the next obstacle will be their reactions when I date a girl and introduce her to them. But I don't have to worry about that right now!

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :slight_smile:

3. Fiddledeedee

Glad you're out to both of them now! At least their reaction is only not understanding -- that can be corrected with time. :slight_smile: If you like, you could explain that okay it might be a phase (although it probably isn't) but for as long as you're in the phase it would be unfair to date guys because you're not attracted to them, so you'll be dating girls instead.