1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sort of Coming Out type-thing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Trumpetplyer23, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Well, I was at my friends birthday party, with a bunch of people that I *thought* didn't know that I'm bi. Thought being the keyword there, since I found out that most people in my school now know.

Here's how I look at it, OH WELL.

No one's had enough guts to say something derogatory to my face, so that shows me one of two things, 1, they don't really care or 2, they're too chicken to actually say anything to me.

2. JSG

JSG Guest

It saddens me that you think everyone is homophobic...
    Maybe they don't say anything because they simply... accept you for who you are.

3. total mo

total mo Guest

or
    3) they

4. Gumtree

I think 3. is part of 1. but good on you for being so strong :slight_smile:

5. Jim1454

Yup - that's good news. No agonizing silences as you try to tell people. They already know! Yay!

6. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Totally agree. I don't think there's any problem for you.

7. Trumpetplyer23

Yeah, you guys are right. I kind of jumped to conclusions about it all. All the time, around my school it's "gay this and homo that and gay this". Many of the popular kids are homophobic as well, so that doesn't exactly boost my belief that the others aren't.

I'm a pessimist in quite a few ways, the glass is always half-empty.

8. HalfInsane

You sound like me. I can be an extremely pessimistic person, and initially when I realized that most of the school either knows I'm bi or thinks I'm a lesbian (first assumption people make when they hear two girls are dating... which was the case with me a bit ago) I had the same attitude. I knew my friends knew, of course, but so many other people knowing came as a surprise... so I can relate.

And as far as people who always run around calling everything "homo" and "gay" it doesn't necessarily mean they're homophobic. People seem to have given the same meaning to those two words as the word "dumb" for the most part. Not to say that that's a good thing, or to defend people doing that... but what I'm saying is that a person who runs around calling everything they find unpleasant "gay" isn't necessarily against someone who is gay; they're just being rather immature (if you ask me, that is). So try not to let it discourage you too much.

9. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup.

My best friend who totally accepts me says "gay" etc. all the time simply as meaning "stupid" or "dumb." When I came out to him he said he'd stop saying it, but I told him it didn't really bother me, so he continued. :slight_smile:

However, I should really get him to stop because it can definitely bother others.

10. Trumpetplyer23

My classmates that know will try and tease me about (especially the girls for some reason) liking them. I just look them dead in the face and tell them that they're not my type. It gets quite a few humorous reactions.