1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my mom :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by riahf, Jun 11, 2013.

1. riahf

I was going to tell my mom in person this weekend, but plans got canceled, making it hard to know when I would see her in person next, and I needed to tell her before my relationship got to big. It was stressing me out, and I knew she would really want to know. I really think any longer and she would have felt like she was missing out on this part of my life. My first real date, my first kiss. She needed to know.

So, on Skype just now I told her, I couldn't see her face because her webcam was broken, so some of the quieter moments were really painful for me.

I told her in probably the dumbest way possible. She asked me if I liked any boys, I said no, laughed, she asked me what was so funny and I changed the subject. Ten minutes later I asked her if she'd have time to talk to me tomorrow so she could go to bed. She got really quiet and asked me if I was pregnant.

So, I had to tell her then, she was freaking out thinking of all the terrible things I was going to tell her the next day!

And of coarse, because I'm me, I tried to make it into a joke. As a kid I was afraid of boys, so much so that I would automatically dislike anything that had male genitalia. So I started off with "Mom, you remember as a kid how I didn't like anything with a penis?" Then I realized that that was the dumbest way to tell anybody ever, so I blurted out "I don't like guys.".

It got quiet and she said "Do you like girls?" I said yes.

It was quiet for a long time and said she was glad I was born today and not ten years ago because now I can have happiness however I chose. She was very supportive and very kind, and very, very surprised. She did not see it coming.

Then I told her about the girl I've been seeing. She didn't like the bit about me meeting this girl online, but was very kind about her otherwise. She did a bit of facebook stalking to see if she approved, and said she did.

I'm just so happy! (!) I wish I could have told her in person, but I really think she needed to know, she would have felt so left behind if she heard about this months after the fact.

Sorry it's long, I just need to share with someone.

2. Turbo Turtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Looks like it's time to change your "Out Status."

Congratulations. I'm glad things went so well! :slight_smile:

3. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi riahf

Congratulations, you have taken a giant step forward.

Sale Gay Guy

4. eatsleepclimb

That's so exciting! It's great that she was that accepting :slight_smile: Good luck!

5. KnownSecret

This is absolutely awesome :slight_smile: Makes me want to run upstairs and tell my mom that I'm gay! Congrats to coming out to your mom I am happy to hear she was so accepting!! I wish I had the courage to at the moment but I just don't at all right now haha! I hope the rest of your journey is easy!

~Zack~

6. riahf

Thanks everybody! It just feels so good being able to be honest with her about my life! I've never kept a secret from her before, so this has been majorly stressful.

I'm also so so so so so happy with her reaction. I have an amazing mom. :grin: