1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

closet door cracked open

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kramer362, Apr 22, 2008.

1. kramer362

I can't believe it, but I came out to a girl I know on instant messenger.

This happened sunday night, I just hadn't had the time to post it. When i woke up monday I was like "did that actually happen?" haha it's unreal to me. It probably doesn't help that the idea of being gay is still foreign to me :icon_sad: like it's really weird when I think about it my thought process is "I'M a gay man?!" so the fact that I told someone already (yeah I'm 21 but I mature slowly) is crazy. Sorry I ramble

As for her reaction, it was completely positive as I knew it would be, that's why I decided to tell her over anyone else for the time being. It's hilarious what a baby I can be, for a little while now I have been trying to beat around the bush and get her to ask cause I couldn't bring myself to just say it, and sunday night the opportunity came up. We were talking about trust and stuff and then like exactly what I wanted, she goes "tell me one secret of yours and I'll do the same." So I purposely made it sound huge and dramatic so that I couldn't back out of it, saying I wanted to tell her but I wasn't sure I was ready and stuff. It must have taken me 20 minutes of having "im gay' written before I could hit send haha. She immediately said "thats ok, when did you realize?" and we had a really long conversation about it.

The funny thing is she genuinely told me she had no idea I was gonna say that, even after I made it out to be such a huge secret I had, and that she never considered that I was gay because i'm a hard person to read. I figured it'd be obvious since I'm nearly 22 and haven't ever had a real girlfriend, but maybe she just didn't think about it cause she honestly doesn't care about sexuality... anyways sorry this was so long it's just surreal to me that it happened still haha maybe one day I can tell someone face to face :confused:

2. Nitro

kramer, that is awesome ... simply awesome. And congrats too!

As for the whole beating around the bush, well if we didn't all get a little nervous EC would barely exist. Not to put undue pressure on anyone, but we only really get one shot at coming out to a particular person so it is a stressful event. But enough about that, this is a moment to rejoice!

p.s. Don't forget to change your out status.

3. paint

Awesome.!!!!

4. biisme

that's great that you got a positive reaction!!!

hopefully it will help your remaining coming-outs.

5. (!) Congratulations! It's great that your friend was so supportive. (!)

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey, that's fantastic!! And I'm glad you had such a good response! And don't worry, we've all beaten around the bush, and put it off, and been worried even when we think it'll be ok. But congrats!! (!)

7. total mo

total mo Guest

thats fabulous, you must feel amzaing now that its opened.

8. kramer362

thanks everyone! changing my out status right now

9. Windowlicker

I've already told you this, but I'm really happy that you did it :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

10. Nodnarb

Congrats! And don't worry about being nervous, it happens to all of us.

11. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  12. panda

Fantastic!!:eusa_danc