1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I told some of my friends.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by FindingMyself, Jun 15, 2013.

1. FindingMyself

I came the rest of the way out to a couple friends finally. Earlier this week I posted about one, the first one I told, and how she guessed I was bi. So last night I texted her (after not finding alone time with her during my party with my friends to tell her in person, which is always my first choice with friends if I can help it) and explained my newfound knowledge. All went well.

The second person, I told today. She and I have been friends for several years too, but we are not as close as, say, me and the first, or me and my guy best friend. Still, we're in this group of four and go hang out together all the time. Her response to, "*introductory paragraph*...I am gay." was literally, "Ok." And then, two seconds later: "That's good. I mean that in the most supportive way possible, by the way." Kind of a blank answer, but she's a mellow person. We've got a mutual understanding that it changes nothing.

I've got one last "best friend" to tell. I put that in quotes because while we've never had a fight or stopped being friends and neither of us are fake friends, she gets on my nerves. However, the point is, I'm not sure when to tell her. But after the two successful outings these last twenty-four hours, I'm not afraid anymore. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::newcolor:

2. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

Congratulations! That's fantastic! I think you should tell your last friend when you're ready, whether that means in a few days or a few months. That's so great that two of your best friends accepted you!

3. FindingMyself

I figured I'd chicken out if I waited, so I just did. Over text, because she's out of town and then I will be for a few days, but I still did it. She just said she was happy for me and asked if I had anyone in mind. Well. That's that.

4. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

Congratulations!

5. BadCanadaJoke

Congrats and stay strong! :slight_smile: