1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my mom asked me something.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RedThomato, Jun 16, 2013.

1. RedThomato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This will be one weird story. I'm totally shocked right now!

Just now, as in JUST NOW, my mom came up to me holding my iPad and said that she wanted to talk about something with me. BTW, my iPad is also my mom's and we frequently share it with each other, and I always use YouTube there to watch... well videos, specifically vids about "Coming Out", "It gets better", stuff like that. Apparently I forgot to log out my YouTube account OH SNAP!

So yeah, my mom approached me, showed me the iPad, and told me "What's this?" and on the screen was my History of vids I watched on YouTube. And I told her "Uhh... Videos. Why?" she replied "What are these videos?" then she got all teary eyed and starts crying. And all I thought in my head was 'Crap... Mom knows now, there's no turning back.' and accepted the fact that I had to tell her the truth. So I did.

I asked her again and again why she was crying and replied to me that she 'didn't understand' and I'm "What do you mean you 'don't understand'?" Then she said 'what did I do wrong' with me telling her it wasn't her fault, and that repeated for a few times until she finally asked if I was gay, to which I said "Yes". BOOOOM! The cat's out of the box! (!)

But she still cried and cried and keeps saying 'what did she do wrong' until she finally calmed down and I asked her if she still loves me or if she finds me disgusting, to which she, THANKFULLY, replies "No, I still love you." That's where I cried and hugged her. I was soooo happy and told her that I couldn't believe this was really happening and that I thought this "Coming Out" thing only happens on the internet. I asked her again if she still loves me, because I was dumb enough to not believe her the first time she answered, and still the same reply! (!)(!)(!)

She asked me how long I knew this and I said "Waaaay too long"; asked me if my gay friend from when I was a wee child (around ages 7-10) was the one who "influenced" me to be gay which I replied with a strong "No! It doesn't work like that mom." and told her it's not something that I chose or something that I got like a disease.

She cried again because she was worried how my life will be especially now that I'm in college, she's afraid that I will be having a hard time with others, because here in the Philippines (or maybe just wherever I live) people find gays a laughingstock and disgusting and gets constantly bullied (don't worry though, I avoided that part of life :eusa_danc) But I told her I was prepared for that and I wouldn't dare let that stuff happen to me.

Oh and she constantly, and I mean constantly, asks that maybe I was just confused and that I could still change. I said of course I couldn't change, this is the way I really am. Although I do understand why she was asking that, she's still shocked with the news. We talked, talked, talked, asked me same things again and again, and hugged me once more and I started crying "tears of joy" still. I was so so so so happy that someone knows! AT FREAKING FINALLY LAST! Not to mention it's my mom that knows about it! (!)(!)(!)

We also talked to keep this news a secret to my dad since me and him aren't AS CLOSE as me and my mom. LOVE YOU MOM!

tl;dr My momma asked me if I was gay, "Yes", crying, "Why?", crying, hug, crying, "Maybe your confused?", "LOL nope!", crying, hug, repeat. Something like that.

P.S. Sorry if my English and my story is very messed up, it's 2:24am here and I'm still shocked, surprised, and happy with what's happening! IT HAPPENED OH SO FAST! (!) Gonna go to sleep now... if I can that is.

2. Munyal

That's great! Your mom took it pretty well! I assume your dog did as well.

3. chrisV

SO MANY BANANAS :grin:. seriously though, that's great. i hope your dad takes it as well as your mom did.

4. MixedNutz

Awesome!! Your mom took it well!

5. boysoverflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i'm so envious to you :slight_smile:. i didn't come out yet to my family. i hope my mom would react the same way yours did. :slight_smile:. by the way, i'm filipino too :slight_smile:

6. GirlWhoWaited

That's fantastic. I'm so happy that she took it so well. Congratulations! :grin: