1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Mum and Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by heartbreaker94, Jun 20, 2013.

1. heartbreaker94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay. Take two.

Right, I'm a 16 year old gay male and, after a rough battle with depression, I was finally ready to come out to my parents. My dad has always had slightly homophobic tendencies, so I was kinda scared. But there wasn't much to be afraid of, it went a lot smoother than i thought it would.

I was home from california a few days early (see my post titled back to depression for details) after my bad experience and i was visiting my parents.

My two younger teenage brothers were also with us. When when we were eating dinner i randomly said, "dad, what do you think of gay people?" To which he replied, "same as what i think of everyone else. why do you ask?" i said "did you know i'm gay?" At this point everyone was staring at me.It wasn't the wisest time to come out. "WHAT! You're...gay? How long have you known this?"
    "Since i was 13 Dad."
    "Oh. okay. Well as long as you're not troubling anyone, thats fine. I'm glad you had the balls to tell me.

(!) step two... school
    btw i am 16 my status thingy is wrong:eusa_doh:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :newcolor: well done :thumbsup: good luck with school :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations (&&&) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

I'd imagine it won't be hard at school haha since that's how you came out to your folks :slight_smile: i love hearing Coming Out Stories with no consequences :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. nostreborem

Congrats mate, just remember unless you are very protected or know the inside of most peoples mind, don't come out to everyone at school at once, also I am extremely happy that your parents were accepting of your sexuality unlike my mum whom I have to lie around and say I am straight after coming out to her :frowning2: anyway enough about the sad stuff and me, good luck and remember you are who you are, nothing can change that so keep your head held high and stay strong :slight_smile: