1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by George, Jun 22, 2013.

1. George

Wow I'm really shaking right now. I just came out to both of my parents in a giant email. They haven't responded yet but I am feeling fairly confident that it will go well. They have been suspicious for many years, and they even directly asked me on a few occasions. I always denied being gay, but I don't think my dad ever bought it. We've had conversations in the past about gay rights etc, and my dad has made a point of telling me that he has no moral objections to them, but that he is still against the marriage issue for religious reasons. He certainly isn't a homophobe, but he does seem pretty adamant about that topic. Maybe he'll come around though, but I don't really know. Of course, now that I am living on my own halfway across the country and I am financially independent, I technically have nothing to worry about. However, it still is really difficult as all of you know... and I really hope my next phone call with them isn't too awkward or anything.

Anyway, I'll stop speculating now and I'll just wait for their response. Just wanted to let you all know I took the leap, and I couldn't have done it without all of the great support here. :slight_smile:

#1 George, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. Amerigo

let us know how it goes you brave gay! best wishes! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats. I know how hard it is to press "send" and how intense it can be until you hear the response. But in this case, it sounds like they've known for a long time.

Let us know how it goes!

4. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! Hope it goes well.