1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At last!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jackm, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Jackm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

Well I don't very often post on here but I visit the site every day. For me just reading other people's posts really helped me.

I finally got the courage tell my best friend. 2 years after I had originally planned. (Who's counting?!)

We were chatting on the phone when we were talking about relationships. It seemed to make the most sense to tell him. The only issue was the words just weren't coming out. I explained to him it's more complicated me being in a relationship. He kept asking why. There was long silent pauses for about 5 - 10 minutes where he waited for me to answer. It was so so difficult. I eventually sent him a message saying I didn't want a relationship with a girl(i know im a wimp for sending a message!). Without missing a beat he replied: I still don't see why that makes it harder?

After that we chatted about the struggles etc. he told me that he'd known for ages and knew what I was going to tell him but wanted me to say it.

I'm so pleased everything went well. It was a difficult convo to have but I feel I can be my self now.

Like I said. I don't post often but that but I am regular here that reads most posts. They had helped no end.

Thanks all.

2. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is awesome to hear Jackm! As I am sure you've picked up on from reading posts by others, it can really be a trick to get the words out sometimes. Regardless of whether of the means and time frame of when you told him it is still an accomplishment. I think it says a lot about your friend that he waited for you to tell him even if he already knew. You have a really good friend there. :slight_smile: