1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mom this morning :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by KnownSecret, Jun 24, 2013.

1. KnownSecret

YAY! I finally mustered up the courage to come out to my mom. :slight_smile: She reacted the way I thought she would. She told me that she didn't understand why I waited so long to tell her, and I told her it wasn't her it was me. We were talking about my cousin and how she recently came out at MtF and that I wanted to be a support system for her and show her that she is not alone in this family. I guess I got all defensive about a few things and then eventually she just asked me if I was gay. I was waiting for her to ask me again I knew she was going to ask me again eventually, just I didn't know when.

So it went like this:

Mom: Are you gay.
    Me: Yes.
    Mom: Why did it take you so long to tell me?
    Me: Well it wasn't you it was me. I have just had a hard time with telling people.
    Mom: I knew you were, I have always questioned it. Are you just gay? No trans or anything?
    Me: No, I'm a guy I know I'm a guy and have never felt anything other then being a guy, I'm just specifically gay.
    Mom: Yeah, when you were a kid you used to tell me that you wished you were a girl, so I was curious.
    Me: Yeah it was probably because I was jealous of my sister because she always seemed to get everything easier, and she made it seem easier to be a girl. Also it never seemed like dad would punish her equally to me, I always got the most of his wraith. So I always thought that if I was a girl he would have not been so mean to me.
    Mom: That's probably right, why do you think your dad was like that?
    Me: Because I am a guy, he thinks I can take it easier then her and maybe it was his way of making me a "man".
    Me: Well you have had a really informational week haha.
    Mom: Yeah, I learned that 2 family members are pregnant and that 2 family members are from the LBGT family.
    Me: hahaha, That's funny. It must have been the week :wink:
    Mom: Yeah, its weird that my sister and I both had kids that are from the LBGT family.
    Me: Yeah it is kind of weird haha, but that's how things seem to work out :wink:
    Mom: Life is going to be hard for you, especially telling your dad, he is going to get super pissed when you tell him.
    Me: I know I have thought about this a lot and I think that's why it took me so long to tell people. I don't know if I am going to tell dad anytime soon or at all yet.
    Mom: It's going to be hard. Your dad is so old school and he is really hateful to gay people.
    Me: I know and I am nervous about telling him, it's not something on my to do list that I am looking forward to

Then we just talked about countries that have good gay communities and the best places for gay people to live. I love my mom and I am so happy that I was born into this family with such a wonderful mother!! Thank you EC for giving me the courage to tell my mom!!

I am just sooo happy I told my mom, I knew she wouldn't have a problem with me. I just don't understand why it was so hard for me! :/ but now that it's done I never have to come out to my mom again :slight_smile: now just for the rest of my family and then I just don't know about my dad. :/ He is so old school, like he is so homophobic, like the other day he went to work on this guys yard and apparently the guy was gay or something and when he was leaving he said "Well I'm going to go work on this queers lawn." It's just so saddening to think that I eventually will have to come out to that :/ But other then that life is looking good and I am excited for the future!

~Zack~

2. BornInTexas

Congratulations! I'm so happy your mom loves and cares about you that much. :slight_smile: Glad to see it went so well, too.

Hopefully, your dad will change his position in time before you tell him. Besides, there's no rush.

Again, Congratulations!

3. KnownSecret

Thanks that's what I told my mom, I said well maybe I will change his perspective! You are right no rush ill just take little baby steps with that part haha I'll just wait until I come out to the people I know will accept me before coming out to anyone that I know will have an issue with it! :slight_smile:

4. BornInTexas

Brilliant plan!

Right now, though, it's time to celebrate your lip piercing and coming out success! :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

5. KnownSecret

Yep! Twas my plan! Haha today is going to be a good day :slight_smile: I know it will be :wink:

Hope you have a good day today as well :slight_smile:

6. biggayguy

That is good news! I'm happy for you. My dad used to be pretty homophobic but he has mellowed out over the years. He's not welcoming but at least he is tolerant.

7. Split Arrows

That is so amazing that your mom is so accepting. Congratulations, again!

8. Hefiel

Congrats on coming out!

Oh, and I know what you mean when you say that your sister is having it easier, it was the same for me (I have a younger sister). Hated it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. KnownSecret

Thanks! I hope my dad mellows out or changing his perspective. I guess I wont know until I tell him, he could shock me.

Thanks I am so happy to have my mother in my life :slight_smile: It makes everything look better :slight_smile: I am pretty much at the point where I don't care anymore because if my mom accepts me then no one else truly can matter, well besides my dad, but that's a different story told in a different book. :wink:

Yeah my sister is older then me though :/ So I always get babied these days which drives me insane!! Other then that my dad wasn't as big of an ass to my sister as he was to me :/ So I was crazy jealous hahaha! But no longer am I really jealous of her being a girl haha, it seems so much easier to be a guy!

10. Batman is swag

Congrats! Hope all goes well with your dad... =)