1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I've Learned

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Waffles, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Waffles

So, the other day I re-came out of the closet to my dad, and this time admitted that I was gay.

Here is what my thoughts were prior to this conversation: in all honesty, I thought I was the biggest disappointment of a son. I'm am the only son, thus I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel pressured into finding a girlfriend and supress my feelings. I'm the kind of person who is petrified of disappointing someone, ESPECIALLY my parents. As horrible (but common) as it sounds, I considered myself as a disgusting piece of sh!t that my parents were embarassed to have (often also beat myself up a lot because I wasn't planned, thus being what's called an "oopsie" baby.) and even attempted suicide a few times just so they wouldn't have to deal with me. The list of negativity about myself goes on, and looking back I'm embarassed that I thought so lowly of myself...

So when he came into my room, I was in my bed kinda sniffling. I was stressed because I lost my money that I was going to bring for my trip to the beach with my friends. Somehow, he guessed something else as bugging me and sat down and slowly got to the idea that my orentation had something to do with why I was so upset (ding winner winner chicken dinner). Of course, as soon as he said that I began to bawl, and I mean BAWL my eyes out.

What he ended up telling me actually taught me something. He said that no matter what, he will always be proud of me. He said he would only disown me for the following: incest, pedophilia, and beastiality... or having an affair with something like my car. XD But he basically lifted a huge weight off my shoulders by saying my orentation would never cause him to be disappointed at me. So basically, I was able to learn that I have both of my parents behind me as I start a new chapter in my life

So... that's that. (;´∀`) Felt good just to get that off my chest.
    Stay in school, eat your veggies, brush your teeth, and don't get caught.

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Waffles! Congrats! It's only further forward from there :slight_smile:

3. Batman is swag

Awww! That is the response I hope everyone gets when they come out... Awesome dad! And thanks for the hug =)