1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my weird best friend :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ritor365, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ritor365

Well, this story will be rather short, and I warn you, very odd, so brace yourselves haha.

This happened about 11 months ago, last July. I was over my friend's house, and we were in his room talking about just life in general. Earlier that day I had decided I was going to tell him I was bi, but I couldn't get the words out from fear of rejection. So in mid sentence, I cut him off;

Me: I have to tell you something.

Him: What?

Me: I don't want to say.

Him: Well why'd you bring it up then?

Me: I dunno. Never mind, what where you saying?

Him: No dude, come on, tell me.

Me: ...I can't say it... (at this point I could feel myself blush a little)

So, instead of just letting it roll over, he has this idea of getting out his laptops (old and new one) and setting them up in front of us before logging into his email on both of them.

Me: What are you doing?

Him: Well, you said you couldn't say it, so you'll have to type it
    :wink:

So, me and him started sending emails to each other (still on his email) going along the lines of "What's on your mind" and stuff, with me beating around the bush, and trying to chicken out. Eventually though, I managed to type in the word "bi", but was able to hit the send button! :tears:

Me: I can't.

Him: I know, just type it.

Me: No, I mean hit the send button...

Him: Oh for God's sake.

At this point he slammed down on my hand, which actually managed to hit the send button. Since we were logged into the same email, I was able to see the inbox, and saw the message arrive. My face was literally :eek:

Boy, he wasted NO TIME. He literally jumped up and was like "Good!" and then the biggest smile came across his face and he was like "awesome!" and "yes!", leaving me confused as hell. He literally skipped the first four stages of grief and went straight to stage five; acceptance.

He then proceeded to tell me he kind of had an inkling, but though I was gay instead of bi, and kept saying it's fine and continued to make light of the situation, saying things like "Hey, now your gay half can help me get dressed for dates and stuff :slight_smile:" Lol. The sick feeling went away soon after, and me and him just talked about me and my attractions lol.

I feel SO much better that someone knows now, and I'm able to talk too about it :icon_bigg

There's even been a few times when he's saved my secret because of me leaving something behind on a desk, or leaving my email open, and he covers and manages to keep it safe. He's even agreed to talk about guys with me once in a while so I can get that outta my system haha (he's so awkward when it gets to this but such a good soul for trying).

So yeah, my story :slight_smile:

2. Batman is swag

Aww! That is one AMAZING friend!!! Congrats! =))

3. TheMightyBoosh

Hehe that was funny he made you email him as you couldn't bring yourself to say it, Aawh you have an awesome friend. :slight_smile: It's great you have someone to talk about it to (&&&) :thumbsup: