1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by italianheather1, Apr 27, 2008.

1. italianheather1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    has anybody hear liked one of there friends like your a lesbian and there not but you liek them?
    if so i need some help please!:help:

2. biisme

i'm sorry that i haven't, so i'm not much help, but i wanted u to know that i've read this and if i think of anything, i will tell you!!! (*hug*)

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Yes. I think this happens to almost everybody at some point. I have fancied so many people it's rather ridiculous, but several in particular come to mind. I have an enormous crush at the moment on a girl who currently has a boyfriend. I have no reason to suspect she likes girls. No reason to think she doesn't either, but that's not that encouraging. It just comes with the territory of not being straight :frowning2:

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Yes, I have. There is nothing you can do but try and get over them, I'm afraid. Falling for a straight friend is one of the hazards of being gay, unfortunately. It's similar to falling for someone who is unavailable because they're with someone, except that if they are straight, you cannot even have a glimmer of a hope, so you just have to somehow move on. In a way that can make the whole process of getting over them easier, because there comes a point when you realise that you cannot hold any illusions, or nurture any hope. See the dealing with crushes thread for advice on this.

Are you out to this friend? If you are not, and you wish to come out to her, I would advise NOT telling her how you feel, as it could freak her out. That said, it is up to you. But if you're not out to her, but you come out to her AND tell her you like her at the same time, that can be problematic (trust me, I've been there). I am also a propopnent of the theory that if you have no chance with someone, don't tell them how you feel, so even if you are out to her, I still wouldn't recommend it.

I know you didn't ask advice on that particular point, but I know that's one thing that I wasn't sure about when liking a friend - to tell or not. But it's up to you. But remember, if you do, it could well just make life complicated for the both of you, and all for no reason, because there is NO chance, if they are completely straight, of you getting together.

Sorry! But you will just try to get over her. And you also don't want to hear this, but if you're anything like me, she won't be the first straight girl you fall for, and it doesn't get any easier. But have a look at the How to Deal with a Crush thread - it's a sticky - there are some useful points there. Good luck!!

5. halfy

Hi, i am going through EXACTLY the same thing. i've completely fallen for my friend but she has a boyfriend and i know she is 100% straight so it is never gonna happen but it still doesn't stop me thinking about her in that way. i haven't told her i am bi and i'm not gonna tell her i like her as i defiantly want to keep her as a friend as there's no way i can have her as anything else. it doesn't make things easier though so i know what you are going through.