1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am going to come out to my best friend this Sunday...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Anomander, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I have been wanting to come out for a while... and I made a coming out letter draft I posted up here a couple weeks ago. Well since then its really just been on my mind every waking moment. Its affecting my work, I cant sleep, ect I just cant do it anymore. So this weekend is Pride in our city and I asked him what he was doing and asked if he wanted to go and he said yes... seemed pretty excited about it too. He asked me last year and I could not go and I promised myself if we went this year I would grow a pair and do it.

So we are going on Sunday and I cant imagine a better time or place right? I am going to have the letter with me in case I cant say it in person but I am hoping I will.

I guess I am just posting this so I feel like I am making a commitment. =) Wish me luck I will update this with either dancing bananas or me beating myself up for being a pussy haha =)

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Good luck! I'm guessing that if your friend is up for going to pride with you he's not gonna care that you're gay. So hopefully you're able to go through with it :]

3. LD579

Good luck =) I wish you the best. I think he'll be accepting in the long run. In the short term, there's no telling how he'd react, 'cause he may be a bit surprised, but the fact that he wants to go with you to pride means there's likely nothing to worry about at all. You can do it!