1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Tolliver (Mouse) Insprired

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by biggayguy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. biggayguy

Anyone that has read Tales of the City knows who "Mouse", Michael Tolliver is. Well, Mouse wrote a coming out letter to his mama in the book. The letter expressed so much of what I felt that I used it as a basis for my own coming out letter. I believe I changed enough of the letter to avoid plagiarizing. If you want to get some idea of what I wrote here is a link to the original letter. http://www.literarybent.com/am_04_also_by_lettertomama.html

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

From More Tales of the City
    By Armistead Maupin, 1977

2. biggayguy

Sorry about the broken link.

3. Batman is swag

I love it!!!! Congrats!!!

4. GayTornado

:O wow

What was their reaction?

5. biggayguy

When I called my Mom to follow up; first she said she loved me and nothing could change that. She wanted to tell me I hadn't been raised that way. Then she told me it was against what the bible says. Finally, she said that she didn't agree with the gay lifestyle but she would pray for God's will do be done in my life. I said I would pray for God's will to be done in her life.

When I talked to my dad he just asked if I was sure about being bisexual. He just wanted me to be very careful and use protection. He told me that he loved me and that he didn't have a problem with gay people. Perhaps his feelings have changed since the seventies when he said some very homophobic things. OTOH he could have been lying for my sake.

#5 biggayguy, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013