1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mum and sister -finally

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by campervankid, Jun 28, 2013.

1. campervankid

Hi, :slight_smile: I just wanted to post my mini self celebration. I came out to my sister the other day which I have wanted to do for ages. We were making ham sandwiches to take with us on the long drive to the holiday we were going on the next day and there was a long silence so some mystical power just seemed to over take me, forcing me to fill the silence with "I'm gay". Then I was really worried that she might react badly but she was fine. She said I should tell my mum so I did (that took me a lot longer) but she didn't mind either. My mum seems to think she hit the jackpot now she has a boy, a girl and a gay child (because of course gay is its own gender) :slight_smile: but I don't mind because she has been so cool about it.

And if anyone feels like celebrating for something too then let me know so I can congratulate you too! :grin:

2. biggayguy

That's Grreat!!! You really just blurted it out? That pretty funny. :slight_smile:

3. campervankid

Yeah :slight_smile: I wasn't really sure how to start a conversation about it so I didn't, I just said it instead. My sisters response was "cool but I thought it would be Leon that would be the gay one" (that's my younger and very camp brother.