1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out to my Speech Therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by biggayguy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. biggayguy

I'm taking speech therapy to increase my lung function and capacity. So my speech therapist is a very kind, bubbly, lady. We have been working on reading out loud. The first poem I read for her is The Road Goes Ever On by Tolkien. She asked if I had written anything so I showed her a poem I had written for Whosoever.org, a gay, Christian webzine. After I read the poem for her we discussed it and whether or not the bible actually condemns homosexuality. I know she wanted to say 'love the sinner hate the sin.' To her credit she didn't say that. In the end we just agreed to disagree. What's really cool is she is encouraging me to start writing again. Here is the poem I wrote http://whosoever.org/v3i6/puppet.html

#1 biggayguy, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. campervankid

Hey Congrats!!! :slight_smile:
    I have also wondered whether the bible actually condemns homosexuality because there is nothing in it that says specifically about homosexuality. Anyways congratulations again that's great news! :slight_smile:

#2 campervankid, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. biggayguy

4. ChristianHipstr

A hetero Christian that actually held her tongue and agreed with you? I need to meet this woman! Haha, just kidding bout that, but congratulations! I haven't come out to many people, but it must be relieving to come out to someone like her. Looking at the light in the darkness of her beliefs and encourages using your feelings to write amazing works of literature (it was that good, it deserves that comment). I wish you further luck with coming out! :slight_smile: