1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by thesharkamander, Jun 30, 2013.

1. thesharkamander

I wrote it on sticky notes and put it on my fridge last night when everyone was asleep so everyone would see it when they went to get something to eat in the morning. When I woke up, I went down to make sure nothing had fallen, and there was another note from my dad. It said "Dear Claire,
    I'm okay with that. However, you still need to do the dishes and practice piano.
    Love, Dad"
    And then he went to walk our dog. When he came back, I hugged him and said thank you, and then a little bit later when he saw me again, he said "I think you really are turning into a giant, three-eyed, man-eating pickle." (That was something I put in the note. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Then he talked to me about spotting and avoiding abusive relationships and to tell him if I get bullied for it, and just stuff like that.
    My older brother's probably seen it by now too, but he hasn't mentioned it yet, probably because he thinks I'm asleep, since I usually don't wake up this early.
    My mom is still asleep so she probably hasn't seen it, but she will.

Dance with me! (!)(!)(!!)

2. thesharkamander

Older brother: I so called it. Three weeks ago I even told dad I thought you were questioning your sexuality.

Now just waiting on my mom. I heard her go downstairs, so I guess she saw it. But I think she's too tired to talk about it right now.

3. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! (!)(!)(!)

4. ellierainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That sounds pretty awesome :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your dad's response was the best! And it seems like your brother's totally cool too. I honestly think the post-it note is a great, low-impact way to do it. :slight_smile:

6. Holly

That's amazing! I wish I had the nerve to do what you did! Your dad is totally awesome.

Congratulations!

7. thesharkamander

And last was my mom.
    She asked if I practiced piano, with the note my dad had left in mind. Then she told me she was okay with whoever I was, as long as I'm a good person. :icon_bigg

For everyone planning on coming out, I hope it goes as well for you as it did for me. (*hug*)